None So Blind - Chapter 15

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

None So Blind - Chapter 15

Postby Thietje on Sun May 08, 2011 7:38 pm

Wow, I didn't see that coming. But, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a Goa'uld would take pleasure in essentially letting someone be raped. And that's what sex was like for Vala when she was a host.
Thietje

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 15

Postby MaureenT on Sun May 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Thietje wrote:Wow, I didn't see that coming. But, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a Goa'uld would take pleasure in essentially letting someone be raped. And that's what sex was like for Vala when she was a host.

The sad truth is that every unwilling host of a Goa'uld is raped whenever that Goa'uld uses the host's body to have sex. I can only imagine how much that thought preyed upon Daniel's mind when Sha're was a host. Vala's experience was especially horrible and resulted in fundamental changes in her behavior and personality. Now that she's revealed what happened, perhaps she can finally truly heal with the help of Cam and Daniel.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby Stormwing on Sun May 08, 2011 11:41 pm

*hands over her "probably should have expected that" ticket*
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Postby MaureenT on Mon May 09, 2011 6:35 am

Stormwing wrote:*hands over her "probably should have expected that" ticket*

I'm glad to see that you bought the right ticket. I know you were considering pre-ordering the "so-did-not-see-that-coming" ticket. I'd have hated to see you waste your money. :D
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby DizzyDrea on Mon May 09, 2011 1:43 pm

Well, I knew something had happened in Vala's past to make her the way she is, I just hadn't expected this. It certainly makes her a more sympathetic character--she's not just promiscuous for the sake of having sex with anything that moves, she's doing it as a direct reaction to something painful from her past. She's not going to be able to shake this off like she'd been hoping to, but at least she'll be able to put this issue to rest once and for all. Having the love of a good man will certainly help.

So, now we have Sam still afloat on the River Denial, with Vala tagging behind in a small rowboat. At least Cam's finally put into port. I can just imagine how that conversation with Landry will go. If the man's head doesn't explode, I'd expect to see Cam pulling KP duty for the next, oh, hundred years or so.
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Postby MaureenT on Tue May 10, 2011 3:27 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:Well, I knew something had happened in Vala's past to make her the way she is, I just hadn't expected this. It certainly makes her a more sympathetic character--she's not just promiscuous for the sake of having sex with anything that moves, she's doing it as a direct reaction to something painful from her past. She's not going to be able to shake this off like she'd been hoping to, but at least she'll be able to put this issue to rest once and for all. Having the love of a good man will certainly help.

It is a sad fact that some rape victims do become promiscuous because it makes them feel like they have some measure of control over their sexual relations. Some find themselves incapable of having a relationship with a single person. You have to wonder if Vala's resistance to the idea that she's in love with Cam is linked to this. I'm betting that it took her a long time to accept that she was in love with Daniel rather than just in lust with him.

DizzyDrea wrote:So, now we have Sam still afloat on the River Denial, with Vala tagging behind in a small rowboat.

Actually, it's the other way around. Vala is definitely in the lead with the bigger boat. At this point, Sam believes that she's starting to fall in love with Daniel. She just doesn't see that she's already there and has been for quite a while. Vala, on the other hand, is still in complete denial. She knows that she cares about Cam, but in love with him? No way!

MaureenT
Site Admin

Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments