New Poll: Wishes for the 11th Season

This is the place to go for discussions about Stargate SG-1's characters, episodes and more.

What would you have liked to see happen in the 11th season?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:59 pm

I liked things just the way they were.
No votes
More interaction between Daniel, Sam and Teal'c, like the way it used to be.
31%
Even more interaction between Daniel and Vala and/or Daniel and Cam.
No votes
More team-centric episodes, in which everyone is interacting and working together.
23%
Cam and/or Vala went bye-bye and Jack came back permanently.
23%
Cam and/or Vala stayed and Jack came back permanently.
8%
Nothing at all. I'm glad the show was canceled.
15%

Total votes : 13

New Poll: Wishes for the 11th Season

Postby MaureenT on Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:59 pm

I'm sure that every fan of Stargate SG-1 has their own wishes for what they'd like to have seen happen in the show's 11th season. This poll focuses on the relationship side of things rather than specific plot developments. I know that every shipper out there would have wanted more romantic developments between their favorite couple, but this poll is referring strictly to friendship and interaction on missions.

For those of you wondering about the "and/or" in two of the options, I didn't want to single out Cameron Mitchell or Vala, so if you pick one of those options, only you will know if you meant Cam, Vala or both of them.

Every person can choose up to 3 options, and you can go in and change your vote at any time before the poll closes, which is on Dec. 11. Please select the options you honestly want. Making choices just as a joke accomplishes nothing except throwing off the results.
MaureenT
Site Admin

Re: New Poll: Wishes for the 11th Season

Postby Spyridon on Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:36 pm

One I'm glad they cancelled the show as the producers were killing it and smearing it all over the floor.

Cam and Vala seemed like they were last ditch efforts to try to bring the show back to its usual rating. They had to go if they were continued to be used like that. If they were portrayed like the other characters then I would like them to stay.

Jack is a must because of the interaction Daniel had with him was some what a must of the show. They started it you know, to have him written off in such a way without an explanation was like a slap to who the character really was. He wouldn't have gone in such a manner I think, he'd probably do it that was more reminiscent (did I even spell that right?) of his character.

And a little more action offworld have helped, like the good old days.
Spyridon

Postby MaureenT on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:19 pm

One of the problems with Jack's departure was that the writers and producers apparently made the mistake of assuming that all the fans already knew that Jack was taking over command of Homeworld Security from Hammond, who was retiring. But such was not the case. Only we fans who were deeply involved in the online fandom and, therefore, heard the spoilers for that whole thing knew that's why Jack was going off to Washington. Other fans were left scratching their heads as to why Jack was transferring out of the SGC.

Jack's departure was way too abrupt. The first episode of Season 9 should have focused less on introducing Cameron Mitchell and more on Jack's farewell. We didn't even get to see him say goodbye to Daniel, Sam and Teal'c, which was a real rip-off. It's like everyone was saying, "Oh, yeah. Jack's leaving and going off to Washington. Big deal. Okay, now let's move on to the new guy."

That wasn't the first time the writers/producers spent too little time on an important cast change. Look at how they handled Daniel's return in S7. The entire first episode should have focused on it. Instead, they spent a few minutes on it, then jumped right into the stuff with Anubis, basically saying, "Okay, he's back. Now let's get to the exciting stuff."

Another sad thing is that Jonas had a whole lot better send-off than Jack did. There were actual goodbyes said. How sad is it that a character that was on a single season had a better departure than the one who'd been on the show for eight years?
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby Spyridon on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:34 pm

I think that's why many people resented Cam and Vala.

I think that struck me was how the writers were saying they wanted to make Daniel more action oriented like Jack or something. Uh, didn't see much of that. Sam was more of a leader then Cam and Teal'c was hardly shown. It seemed Cam was out of place especially in the episode where the Jaffa on that homeworld where he got stuck and had to fight to the death. Teal'c would have been better there.

I think they could have done more in prototype as well. Seasons 9 and 10 left me wholly unstatisfied plot wise. I was like 'okay, so?' 'Should I care about that?', 'Damn, it there goes the Daedalus', 'WTF Daniel?', 'there goes Vala', etc.
Spyridon

Postby AlexMcpherson on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:57 am

A future version of Cam realises his mistakes, and goes back in time and forces several changes: He takes over from his youngerself, so doesnt get shot down in Lost city, so when he transfers to the SGC, he's not some played-up hero who saved SG-1's ass and got himself shot down, he's just some pilot who got a lucky shot off, as per his job, that happened to save SG-1's ass. So he's just on some other SG-team. He's "Killed" offworld, where he runs of with Vala before she finds that tablet that spoke of riches, so she never made her first trip to earth, which meant that Daniel did catch a ride out to Atlantis on the Daedalus, and then when he got back, he got to continue his relationship with Sam that he'd been having secretly since SG-1 split up, since She's also finished, which he couldn't do when she was stuck in Area 51 and he was 'stuck' at the SGC and Vala literally attached herself to his side, etcetera.
And the pair didnt get to continue a relationship since SG-1 reformed with the pair, and the Ori, like the Goa'uld, where the only reason they didn't get together.

Argh, your fics' have made my mind focus on the pairing, Maureen!
(whether its a good or bad thing remains to be seen)

Anyway, and Season 11 focused on THOSE changes, the MW Galaxy without the Ori, ASscra-I mean, Camshaft, Further development of the Daniel/Ascended thing, or something.
AlexMcpherson

Return to Stargate SG-1