Total Stargate Addresses in the Ancient Database

This is the place to go for discussions about Stargate SG-1's characters, episodes and more.

Total Stargate Addresses in the Ancient Database

Postby AlexMcpherson on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:35 pm

From the library that got zapped into o'neills head.

Now, that happened what, 4, 5 years prior to the episode 'Fallen'...

There are around 20 teams. Assume 10 of those are exploration teams like SG-1.
Now assume a typical rota of, one team-one planet-one week.
10 teams, times 52 weeks.
times 4 years.

520x4
2080 planets visited.

In Fallen, Sam said that less than a quarter had probes sent to them.
assume that for every planet placed on the mission list, at least 10 get 'passed over'.
Therefore, 20,000 is an approximate number of planets that have had a probe sent to them. And that's less than a quarter.

So... 100,000 planets with stargates, then?
AlexMcpherson

Re: Total Stargate Addresses in the Ancient Database

Postby Spyridon on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Poor Daniel man. He would get steamrolled by the artifacts coming in. I wonder exactly where they will store it all. The data itself would be enormous as well.

:shock:

Imagine all the paperwork Jack had to do.

And all the trees he would kill from playing paper basketball with the trashcan.

FACTOID:
Maureen has 43% of all posts.
I have 29%
Alex has 16%
Add it all up including decimals- the three of us equals 89.54% of all posts.
Spyridon

Postby MaureenT on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:20 pm

SG-1 is considered a first contact team. I'm not sure how many of those there are. Then you have the military teams like SG-3, who also go on exploratory missions. Out of the 21 teams (not 20), all but SG-18, 19 and 20 were mentioned in episodes. Going through the list on Stargate Wiki, it sounds like the majority at least occasionally went out on exploratory/first contact missions. Even so, I seriously doubt that there are 10 missions a week. We know that SG-1 did not go on missions every week, so the same would be true for other teams.

Regardless, Sam said probes, not teams, so the number of SG missions a week has no bearing on the "one quarter" she stated. I'd guess that only a small percentage of the worlds that probes are sent to have a team sent later on to follow up.

Also, Sam was referring only to probes being sent to gate addresses downloaded from the Ancient knowledge. That is not counting the addresses from the Abydonian cartouches. We have no number on how many of those there are, so we really can't guess how many gates there are in the galaxy.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby AlexMcpherson on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:44 am

Spyridon wrote:Poor Daniel man. He would get steamrolled by the artifacts coming in. I wonder exactly where they will store it all. The data itself would be enormous as well.

:shock:

Imagine all the paperwork Jack had to do.

And all the trees he would kill from playing paper basketball with the trashcan.

FACTOID:
Maureen has 43% of all posts.
I have 29%
Alex has 16%
Add it all up including decimals- the three of us equals 89.54% of all posts.

Rereading some old threads...

Now lets see....
Yeah, poor daniel. lol. Some gets sent to Area 51 and they probably are constantly increasing their server farms' storage capacity to handle all that video data that they probably also store for ages, to go along with the other stuff.

Oh I can hear the complaints and the pages trembling in fear screaming "run away! It's the crazy Air Force Colonel!" already.

Bet the cleaners that work in the mountain really dont like his office. :p

Factoid:
Maureen has 41.88% of all posts
Spyridon has 17.56%
and I have 20.88%

Altogether that adds up to
80.32% of all posts.
So between us, we've lost ground, but among us...
You two lost ground, and I've gained. :P

and I've not been the most active around here lately.
AlexMcpherson

Return to Stargate SG-1