Defying the Odds - Chapter 14

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

Defying the Odds - Chapter 14

Postby Thietje on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:07 pm

It's back! And it looks great. I really liked the new chapter.
Thietje

Re: Defying the Odds - Chapter 14

Postby Stormwing on Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:13 pm

:D woot its back.
oh so much happening in this chapter.

I really think they didn't think through the whole memory wipe thing. sure they can take away the research and stuff that might re-trigger her memory but didn't they already instinctively know things, like Ke'ra being able to treat the wounded? bah its been too long since I've seen the actual episode so i might be off.
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Postby DizzyDrea on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Such a nice surprise to see this in my inbox! I'd been hoping you'd be able to get back to it soon.

I'm just as glad to see the backside of the whole Ke'ra fiasco as I was when I watched the actual episode. I still have my suspicions. If she figured it out once, she can do it again. They really have no guarantee that her memory loss will be permanent. And I'm not entirely convinced that Ke'ra isn't right: there's something about who she is, fundamentally, that's slightly disturbed. We're all part nature, part nurture. You have to wonder which part of her became the cold-blooded killer. But, I suppose that's a problem for another time.

Lovely to see Sam and Daniel getting closer, and Daniel getting closer to (hopefully) realizing that he's in love with Sam. Who knows? Maybe you'll get this one finished before you publish your next novel!
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Postby MaureenT on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:34 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:Such a nice surprise to see this in my inbox! I'd been hoping you'd be able to get back to it soon.

Getting From the Ashes published was enough to get my original fiction writing muse to let my fanfic muse come out and play. It didn't hurt that this chapter was already mostly written. The problem is going to be the next chapter, which has me stalled. That's the reason why this story ended up getting put on hold.

DizzyDrea wrote:I'm just as glad to see the backside of the whole Ke'ra fiasco as I was when I watched the actual episode. I still have my suspicions. If she figured it out once, she can do it again. They really have no guarantee that her memory loss will be permanent. And I'm not entirely convinced that Ke'ra isn't right: there's something about who she is, fundamentally, that's slightly disturbed. We're all part nature, part nurture. You have to wonder which part of her became the cold-blooded killer. But, I suppose that's a problem for another time.

The series never mentioned anything more about Ke'ra/Linea, so I'm guessing that, as of the end of the series, she still had amnesia. Whether or not the evil in her ever came back out and resulted in nasty things happening to the Vyuns is something we'll never know. I have no plans to revisited it.

DizzyDrea wrote:Lovely to see Sam and Daniel getting closer, and Daniel getting closer to (hopefully) realizing that he's in love with Sam. Who knows? Maybe you'll get this one finished before you publish your next novel!

Well, I certainly hope I'll finish it before then! I expect it'll be a few months before the time-travel novel gets published, though I'd like to see it out before the end of the year.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments