Defying the Odds - Chapter Eleven

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

Defying the Odds - Chapter Eleven

Postby Stormwing on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Dun Dun Dun DUUUh! enter Ke'ra/Linea stage left and quickly chuck her off exit stage right! woot! (I don't think she'll take that lying down though)

XD wow that wasn't hard to get Daniel back through the gate, now we've just got to keep him doing that. :D

I know Daniel told Sam she didn't have to worried about him looking at other women and all that, Sam trusts Daniel so she'll hold him to this but that doesn't mean she can't warn off the other women about looking at Daniel XD.

hey Dizzy, I have more popcorn but you'll have to bring the drinks I have a feeling that this is only the beginning.

Keep up the awesome work Maureen, I really can't wait to find how this plays out. ^
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Re: Defying the Odds - Chapter Eleven

Postby MaureenT on Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Stormwing wrote:Dun Dun Dun DUUUh! enter Ke'ra/Linea stage left and quickly chuck her off exit stage right! woot! (I don't think she'll take that lying down though)

The issue with Ke'ra/Linea might prove to be a bit touchier in this version of events since she and Daniel have not become romantically involved. Daniel will be able to handle the situation better because he doesn't have the emotional connection to Ke'ra, but how differently will Ke'ra react?

Stormwing wrote:XD wow that wasn't hard to get Daniel back through the gate, now we've just got to keep him doing that. :D

This was a bit different situation. It's one thing for him to go through the gate a single time for a specific purpose. It's an entirely different thing for him to be part of an SG team and go on regular missions. The challenge isn't getting Daniel to go through the gate again; it's getting him to go on missions again, out there into the great unknown where he used to have the hope that, someday, he'd find a way to save Sha're.

Stormwing wrote:I know Daniel told Sam she didn't have to worried about him looking at other women and all that, Sam trusts Daniel so she'll hold him to this but that doesn't mean she can't warn off the other women about looking at Daniel XD.

Despite Daniel's words to Sam, her insecurities and worries about their relationship are still there. Until they are gone, she will still fear that, someday, Daniel will meet someone and fall in love. She knows that, no matter how committed he is to their relationship, if he is not in love with her, he might fall for someone else.

Stormwing wrote:hey Dizzy, I have more popcorn but you'll have to bring the drinks I have a feeling that this is only the beginning.

Things with Ke'ra will definitely get worse before they get better, and the same is true about other things as well. There are more bumps coming up on Daniel and Sam's road to happiness.

Stormwing wrote:Keep up the awesome work Maureen, I really can't wait to find how this plays out. ^

Thanks. A lot more developments are coming up in the next chapter. And be prepared for even bigger stuff in the future.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Re: Defying the Odds - Chapter Eleven

Postby DizzyDrea on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:48 pm

Well, that was...awkward. Talk about being an open book. Poor Daniel's having to explain his private life to people he never expected to. It's too soon for him to be able to identify "that feeling" that he feels when he's with Sam, but I think we all know...just remains to be seen how long it'll take him to figure it out. And there'll probably be a lot of angst between now and then...What would be really funny is if everyone else figures it out before Daniel does.

And I can imagine the reproving look they got from Teal'c. Not that he'd say anything; I'd imagine that would go against his personal code of non-interference. Still, it probably would have been funny if not for how serious this whole thing is.

Stormwing wrote:hey Dizzy, I have more popcorn but you'll have to bring the drinks I have a feeling that this is only the beginning.

I've got beer...unless you're underage, in which case it's soda for you. I have a feeling it's going to be a bumpy ride...
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments