Defying the Odds - Chapter Nine

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

Defying the Odds - Chapter Nine

Postby Stormwing on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Awww poor Daniel fretting like that, though a few more times like that and we might have him back through the gate. Though I'm thinking it'll take more then that, maybe something along the lines of his dream though not so drastic I hope :-[

I just had a ooooooh sh*t!!!!!!! moment when I read the last paragraph, oh well he was gonna find out on Friday anyway :P

P.s
Although having nest time sounds all warm and cozy I don't think you meant for Daniel to have one :P

The nest time Daniel awoke it was because someone was shaking his shoulder.

"Daniel, wake up. It's after nine," Sam's voice informed him.
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Re: Defying the Odds - Chapter Nine

Postby MaureenT on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Stormwing wrote:Awww poor Daniel fretting like that, though a few more times like that and we might have him back through the gate. Though I'm thinking it'll take more then that, maybe something along the lines of his dream though not so drastic I hope :-[

Daniel's worries in the gate room and that dream show that he's worried about Sam, Jack and Teal'c going through the gate without him, especially Sam. Will that be enough to get him to return to SG-1? Perhaps. Or maybe he'll need just bit of additional incentive.

Stormwing wrote:I just had a ooooooh sh*t!!!!!!! moment when I read the last paragraph, oh well he was gonna find out on Friday anyway :P

Yes, but if Jack had found out from them, the fallout would have been much smaller. They could have worked up to the big revelation and possibly forestalled any blowups. Now, it's going to happen with Jack already mad.

Stormwing wrote:P.s
Although having nest time sounds all warm and cozy I don't think you meant for Daniel to have one :P

The nest time Daniel awoke it was because someone was shaking his shoulder.

"Daniel, wake up. It's after nine," Sam's voice informed him.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby DizzyDrea on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Dun dun dun!

Uh oh, Sam and Daniel got some splainin' to do... :doh:

I can only imagine that the fallout from this is going to be huge. Although, I'm not sure exactly what Jack has to be mad about. What Daniel and Sam do in their free time is their business. I mean, as their friend, he'll be upset they didn't tell him sooner, but really, knowing that he'd be mad about it really isn't an incentive. He's bound to be confused, since Daniel only just lost Sha're. Still...should be interesting.

I can see Daniel getting closer to asking back on SG-1. But it'll take more than just one nightmare. I only wish it could be something positive, like a find he just can't miss out on, instead of a crisis that drives him back through the gate. He's been whumped on enough by this fandom (no offense, since I've done some whumping myself).

Can't wait for the next chapter.
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Postby MaureenT on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:57 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:Dun dun dun!

Uh oh, Sam and Daniel got some splainin' to do... :doh:

I can only imagine that the fallout from this is going to be huge. Although, I'm not sure exactly what Jack has to be mad about. What Daniel and Sam do in their free time is their business. I mean, as their friend, he'll be upset they didn't tell him sooner, but really, knowing that he'd be mad about it really isn't an incentive. He's bound to be confused, since Daniel only just lost Sha're. Still...should be interesting.

You have to look at it this way. Daniel is Jack's best friend, and Sam is his friend and second-in-command, and they deliberately hid from him that they were in a relationship. That alone would be enough to anger Jack since, as we've seen, being upset and being angry often go hand-in-hand with Jack. But there's more to it than that. You said that what Daniel and Sam do in their free time is their business. However, that's not really true anymore. It was when Daniel wasn't part of the program, but, once he rejoined, General Hammond should have been made aware of their relationship even though it is not against the regs. To go to him personally and tell him probably wouldn't have been required, but they should have at least come out in the open about their relationship rather than hiding it from everyone. If there were two employees working for the same company that deliberately hid their relationship from their boss, they could get into trouble even if it's not against company policy for coworkers to date. Jack would be thinking about this, and it would be yet another reason for him to be angry.

I think you may be underestimating how Jack is going react once he finds out what's going on and why. Daniel and Sam began a relationship only two weeks after he found out that the wife he adores is dead. On top of that, he's openly admitted that he is not in love with Sam. What Jack is going to think and feel is more than just confusion. Daniel and Sam have been putting off telling him because they believe that he'll think their relationship is a big mistake, and they have a very good reason to believe that.

DizzyDrea wrote:I can see Daniel getting closer to asking back on SG-1. But it'll take more than just one nightmare. I only wish it could be something positive, like a find he just can't miss out on, instead of a crisis that drives him back through the gate. He's been whumped on enough by this fandom (no offense, since I've done some whumping myself).

Yes, it will take more than one nightmare to get Daniel to come back to SG-1, but would Hammond really allow him back on the team only because he feels as if he's just got to see something that's found off-world? That alone would not be a good enough reason. It's too frivolous. Hammond would have to be certain that Daniel is fully committed to rejoining SG-1 permanently. Now, that's not to say that some special mission or discovery isn't going to play a part in Daniel rejoining the team, just that there would have to be a lot more to it than that.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments