Defying the Odds - Chapter Seven

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

Defying the Odds - Chapter Seven

Postby Stormwing on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:40 pm

This was a really nice chapter, heheh I wonder if they'll be able to keep up pretenses around Jack and Teal'c on Sunday or if the guys will notice something is up.

Have a nice time on your vacation :D hope the weather favours you.
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Re: Defying the Odds - Chapter Seven

Postby DizzyDrea on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:28 pm

Awww...that was sweet, Sha're giving her approval. I like how practical Daniel's being. He knows he's not in love with Sam yet, but he's allowing himself the opportunity to fall in love with her - even if he doesn't really understand that that's what he's doing. And I love how loving and tactile Daniel is, with Sam wondering if this is how he was with Sha're, making her feel so special. Just yummy! :happydance:

So, Daniel has decided he's not leaving, because he doesn't want to leave Sam. How long until he decides he can come back to the program? Because I don't think he'll be able to sit on the sidelines for long. I have to believe that all the reasons that he keeps doing what he's doing in the show are still valid. I mean, I know he stayed with the program because of Sha're, first to find her and then to find her son. But I always believed that underlying that was a desire to see the end of the System Lords, so that what happened to his wife wouldn't happen to anyone else.

Have a great time on your vacation! As long as you're not heading for someplace in the path of a hurricane, you should be fine. 8-)
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Postby MaureenT on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:11 am

Stormwing wrote:This was a really nice chapter, heheh I wonder if they'll be able to keep up pretenses around Jack and Teal'c on Sunday or if the guys will notice something is up.

They will definitely have to put on a good act since both Jack and Teal'c are pretty observant guys and will be sure to spot any "odd" behavior between Daniel and Sam.

Stormwing wrote:Have a nice time on your vacation :D hope the weather favours you.

Thanks. I'll be sticking to the West Coast, so no worries about hurricanes and such. :)
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby MaureenT on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:01 am

DizzyDrea wrote:Awww...that was sweet, Sha're giving her approval. I like how practical Daniel's being. He knows he's not in love with Sam yet, but he's allowing himself the opportunity to fall in love with her - even if he doesn't really understand that that's what he's doing. And I love how loving and tactile Daniel is, with Sam wondering if this is how he was with Sha're, making her feel so special. Just yummy! :happydance:

Though Daniel is suffering a lot of confusion over the things he's feeling for Sam, mostly about why he's feeling them at all, he's letting his heart take the lead, which is quite clearly telling him that this is what it wants. He knows that he's not in love with Sam, but he's allowing himself to embrace the feelings he does have for her and see where they go. For Daniel, that really is a brave thing to do. Not counting the incident with Ke'ra/Linea, Daniel pretty much shut his heart away in the series, not even trying to find someone new. It took him over nine years, up to the time of Unending, for him to finally decide that he was ready find someone.

Though Daniel is not a tactile person under other circumstances, I think that he is the opposite with his lovers. He just doesn't strike me as the type of guy who is not physically demonstrative with his affections, at least in a private setting. In a public setting, he's likely a bit more reserved, though he obviously doesn't completely shy away from PDA, as evidenced by what happened in COTG.

DizzyDrea wrote:So, Daniel has decided he's not leaving, because he doesn't want to leave Sam. How long until he decides he can come back to the program? Because I don't think he'll be able to sit on the sidelines for long. I have to believe that all the reasons that he keeps doing what he's doing in the show are still valid. I mean, I know he stayed with the program because of Sha're, first to find her and then to find her son. But I always believed that underlying that was a desire to see the end of the System Lords, so that what happened to his wife wouldn't happen to anyone else.

Daniel left the program because he was suffering too much grief and guilt over Sha're's death to stay. But, now, that guilt has eased, and his new relationship with Sam is helping with the grief, which means that those reasons for not coming back are no longer an issue. Even so, it's still going to be a big decision. For one thing, as long as he's not in the program, he and Sam don't have to deal with any work issues regarding their relationship. In fact, with the exception of Jack, Teal'c and Janet, nobody in the SGC even has to know that they are together. If Daniel returns to the SGC, that will not be the case. As for Daniel in the series, in Absolute Power, he told Shifu that the things he was doing, fighting the Goa'uld, were to honor Sha're's strength, which shows that his motivation was connected to her and her fate.

DizzyDrea wrote:Have a great time on your vacation! As long as you're not heading for someplace in the path of a hurricane, you should be fine. 8-)

Thanks. As I said in my reply to Stormwing, I will be safe and sound on the West Coast, where there is never any danger of hurricanes . . . just tsunamis. :D
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments