Defying the Odds - Chapter Four

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

Defying the Odds - Chapter Four

Postby Stormwing on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:20 pm

wow you really aren't pulling your punches with this story, I don't think I've read a story this emotionally charged in a long while. keep up the good work. :)
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Re: Defying the Odds - Chapter Four

Postby MaureenT on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:50 pm

Stormwing wrote:wow you really aren't pulling your punches with this story, I don't think I've read a story this emotionally charged in a long while. keep up the good work. :)

No, I am definitely not pulling my punches on this one. Like in most of my Daniel/Sam stories, the road to romantic happiness will not be a smooth one, but this particular road has obstacles that no previous story I've written has thrown in their way.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby DizzyDrea on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:07 pm

So, Sam gets what she wants, and then feels like crap afterwards. Talk about a brainbender! This is why history says days like this are better spent in bed. Ummmm...okay, that came out wrong.

Anywho...I get the feeling it's going to take a whole lot more than it otherwise might have to get Daniel to come back to the program. Not only does he feel like he's let his wife down, but now he's let his friend down, too. Guilt squared! Meep!

I tried not to squee at the passion, but holy cow! Too hot to handle! Can't wait for guilt-free sex, although I have a feeling it'll be a while.

And poor Daniel, staring over the balcony, thinking it...then pulling back. Just...poor Daniel. 8-|
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Postby MaureenT on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:35 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:So, Sam gets what she wants, and then feels like crap afterwards. Talk about a brainbender! This is why history says days like this are better spent in bed. Ummmm...okay, that came out wrong.

|-D Yeah, well, this time, being in bed was the start of the trouble rather than the way to stay out of trouble. Yes, Sam did finally get what she'd been dreaming about. Sadly, it was in a way that should never have happened, and she knows it.

DizzyDrea wrote:Anywho...I get the feeling it's going to take a whole lot more than it otherwise might have to get Daniel to come back to the program. Not only does he feel like he's let his wife down, but now he's let his friend down, too. Guilt squared! Meep!

Right now, it might seem like it would take moving heaven and Earth to get Daniel back into the program, but a lot can happen in a short amount of time, and you can bet that the next conversation he and Sam have is going to be a very, er, enlightening one.

DizzyDrea wrote:I tried not to squee at the passion, but holy cow! Too hot to handle! Can't wait for guilt-free sex, although I have a feeling it'll be a while.

Hey, you could have squeed, if you wanted to. Even though it really shouldn't have happened, it was the precursor of what will eventually be a real relationship. And forbidden sex always has an added element of hotness. :D

DizzyDrea wrote:And poor Daniel, staring over the balcony, thinking it...then pulling back. Just...poor Daniel. 8-|

Though Daniel would never follow through on his thoughts, I don't think it was out of character for him to have those thoughts. He had pretty much hit rock bottom at that moment. It is telling, though, that, once he actually realized what he was contemplating, it really shook him.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby DizzyDrea on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:39 pm

MaureenT wrote:you can bet that the next conversation he and Sam have is going to be a very, er, enlightening one.

Not to mention just a slight bit awkward. ;)

So looking forward to the next chapter. You do angst so well...it almost kills me.
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments