Defying the Odds - Chapter One

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

Defying the Odds - Chapter One

Postby Stormwing on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:54 pm

O.M.G! was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the plot briefing.
so who shot Amaunet?? oh man, I bet it was Sam talk about awkward. Or it was Jack and they have this big falling out...... oh no, wait, oh no.... maybe it was even Daniel himself =:-0 8-|

Amnesia eh? that's got to be a bit of a blessing and a curse.

Sam seems to have both eyes wide open here, no need for the clue-by-four. XD

Your plot bunny intrigues me, I really want to see where this goes. woot stories :D
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Re: Defying the Odds - Chapter One

Postby DizzyDrea on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Stormwing wrote:so who shot Amaunet?? oh man, I bet it was Sam talk about awkward.

That hadn't occurred to me until I read Stormwing's post, but that would be rather awkward. She's in love with him but he's still in love with his wife, and oh, by the way, she just killed his wife. Talk about a buzz-kill. :-r

I honestly thought Daniel would wake up with no memory of who he was at all. The explanations for that one would have been epic. So, while I'm glad Daniel's still Daniel, I'm more than curious to find out where we go from here.

Knowing Maureen, it's gonna get ugly before the end...
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Postby MaureenT on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:32 pm

Stormwing wrote:O.M.G! was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the plot briefing.
so who shot Amaunet?? oh man, I bet it was Sam talk about awkward. Or it was Jack and they have this big falling out...... oh no, wait, oh no.... maybe it was even Daniel himself =:-0 8-|

I'd say that you should prepare yourself for more OMG moments. >;-D Whoever it was who shot Sha're, the emotional fallout is going to be big.

Stormwing wrote:Amnesia eh? that's got to be a bit of a blessing and a curse.

Right now, it's a curse for Daniel's teammates since it means that they're going to have to tell him the bad news, although, even if he did remember the ribboning and everything that preceded it, he would still be in the dark about the resolution, including Sha're's fate, just as he was in the "dream" in the episode.

Stormwing wrote:Sam seems to have both eyes wide open here, no need for the clue-by-four. XD

Yes, Sam is totally aware of her love for Daniel in this one. It's Daniel who might be needing that clue-by-four. Interesting turnaround, eh? In my last fic, Daniel was the only person on the team who didn't need one.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby MaureenT on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:44 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:
Stormwing wrote:so who shot Amaunet?? oh man, I bet it was Sam talk about awkward.

That hadn't occurred to me until I read Stormwing's post, but that would be rather awkward. She's in love with him but he's still in love with his wife, and oh, by the way, she just killed his wife. Talk about a buzz-kill. :-r

Yes, it would definitely be a mess, wouldn't. But then, no matter who it was who killed Sha're, it's going to be nasty since, unlike in the episode, Daniel doesn't have a message from Sha're to help him deal with her death.

DizzyDrea wrote:I honestly thought Daniel would wake up with no memory of who he was at all. The explanations for that one would have been epic. So, while I'm glad Daniel's still Daniel, I'm more than curious to find out where we go from here.

Ah, but then, if Daniel had no memories at all, there would be no angst over the death of his wife and how it happened since he wouldn't even remember her.

DizzyDrea wrote:Knowing Maureen, it's gonna get ugly before the end...

Well, let me put it this way. Forever in a Day was one of the most angst-filled episodes of the series. My version, especially in the first few chapters, puts that angst level to shame. >;-D
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby Stormwing on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:40 pm

MaureenT wrote:Well, let me put it this way. Forever in a Day was one of the most angst-filled episodes of the series. My version, especially in the first few chapters, puts that angst level to shame. >;-D

Thanks for the heads up, I'll start stock piling the tissues, chocolates and ice cream. :P
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments