None So Blind - Finale

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

None So Blind - Finale

Postby Thietje on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:47 pm

I liked it. I was a little surprised that Landry already knew, but not that much. Afterall, as he said, Vala's reaction to Cam being hurt was a dead give-away.
Thietje

Re: None So Blind - Finale

Postby Stormwing on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:55 am

I just read the last paragraph and I swear I had the most stupidest grin on my face :D

that was a wonderful ending and congratulations on the completion to another story:)

Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Postby DizzyDrea on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:32 am

So, they didn't need the sarcophagus after all...and Landry knows more about what's going on in the SGC than he lets on. Kinda makes it hard to get away with anything.

Not that I think George Hammond or Jack O'Neill were completely oblivious--Jack liked to act that way, but you don't get to be a Colonel, much less a General if you haven't got at least one advanced degree and some serious command skills--but I do think it's gotta be tough to be at the top of the command structure, with all the demands on their time and attention, and still be connected to what's going on around you with the rest of the troops.

Stormwing wrote:I just read the last paragraph and I swear I had the most stupidest grin on my face :D

Me too! I'm glad Sam was able to figure out that she was already in love with him. I kinda figured it out, but I was waiting to see if she'd get it. Turns out she actually earned all those advanced degrees. Ought to be an interesting vacation. Someone warn the Hawai'i tourist board...the islands will never be the same again!

So, now I have a question: are you gonna rewrite Unending the way it should have been? 'Cuz if Teal'c knew how it would all eventually turn out, I'd love to see how he acquired that knowledge. And it would address what I thought was probably the stupidest part of that episode, hands down: Daniel and Vala winding up together. Ugh!
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Postby MaureenT on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Thietje wrote:I liked it. I was a little surprised that Landry already knew, but not that much. Afterall, as he said, Vala's reaction to Cam being hurt was a dead give-away.

Thanks. Yes, it really isn't that surprising that word got to Landry about Vala being a permanent fixture in the ICU. Oh, well. At least it prevented the blow up from happening. :D
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby MaureenT on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Stormwing wrote:I just read the last paragraph and I swear I had the most stupidest grin on my face :D

that was a wonderful ending and congratulations on the completion to another story:)

Thanks for the virtual flowers. The virtual scent is lovely. :D I'm so pleased that I put a stupid grin on your face.

I always get a sense of satisfaction when I complete one of my multi-chapter stories, especially the big ones. But guess what. I'm already writing a new Daniel/Sam fic. I'm five chapters into it and will start posting it soon.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby MaureenT on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:54 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:So, they didn't need the sarcophagus after all...and Landry knows more about what's going on in the SGC than he lets on. Kinda makes it hard to get away with anything.

Not that I think George Hammond or Jack O'Neill were completely oblivious--Jack liked to act that way, but you don't get to be a Colonel, much less a General if you haven't got at least one advanced degree and some serious command skills--but I do think it's gotta be tough to be at the top of the command structure, with all the demands on their time and attention, and still be connected to what's going on around you with the rest of the troops.

Well, since every nurse and doctor in the infirmary were probably aware of Vala's "permanent residence" in the ICU, and those people would talk to other people about it, it's not a big surprise that word of it got to Landry. The same thing would have happened if it had been Hammond or Jack in command.

You need a Master's degree to reach the rank of major. I have to wonder if TPTB of Stargate knew that, considering how dumb Jack was made to look. But then, it was RDA who was mostly responsible for that. The problem was that he went way too far and made Jack look like an outright idiot sometimes. Nobody who was really that thick would ever succeed in making general. The thing is that if you look back at the early seasons, the dumbness wasn't as pronounced, although I could never understand how Jack could know what an accretion disk was yet not be able to describe what a black hole was.

DizzyDrea wrote:

Me too! I'm glad Sam was able to figure out that she was already in love with him. I kinda figured it out, but I was waiting to see if she'd get it. Turns out she actually earned all those advanced degrees. Ought to be an interesting vacation. Someone warn the Hawai'i tourist board...the islands will never be the same again!

Yes, Sam wasn't completely clueless about her feelings. She just didn't see that she had stopped falling in love quite some time ago and was already all the way there.

DizzyDrea wrote:So, now I have a question: are you gonna rewrite Unending the way it should have been? 'Cuz if Teal'c knew how it would all eventually turn out, I'd love to see how he acquired that knowledge. And it would address what I thought was probably the stupidest part of that episode, hands down: Daniel and Vala winding up together. Ugh!

Funny you should say that. I did actually have a sequel planned that would mostly be a prequel showing what happened in this universe's version of Unending. I just didn't want to advertise it because I already have too many planned sequels that have yet to be written. Hopefully, I'll write it one of these days.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby DizzyDrea on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 pm

MaureenT wrote:
DizzyDrea wrote:So, now I have a question: are you gonna rewrite Unending the way it should have been? 'Cuz if Teal'c knew how it would all eventually turn out, I'd love to see how he acquired that knowledge. And it would address what I thought was probably the stupidest part of that episode, hands down: Daniel and Vala winding up together. Ugh!

Funny you should say that. I did actually have a sequel planned that would mostly be a prequel showing what happened in this universe's version of Unending. I just didn't want to advertise it because I already have too many planned sequels that have yet to be written. Hopefully, I'll write it one of these days.

Well, then, I guess I'll just have to be patient. I'm just glad you've been able to find the time to write again. I've been through patches where I just don't have time because the real world keeps intruding. It's frustrating as hell. I have stories started that I haven't been able to get back to because I only have a limited amount of time to work on them. And telling my muse to stop coming up with new ideas just doesn't work. She's relentless! The plot bunnies just keep multiplying, no matter what I do...

At this point, you know I'll pretty much read anything you write...so just as long as you keep writing, I'll be patient.
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Postby MaureenT on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:53 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:Well, then, I guess I'll just have to be patient. I'm just glad you've been able to find the time to write again. I've been through patches where I just don't have time because the real world keeps intruding. It's frustrating as hell. I have stories started that I haven't been able to get back to because I only have a limited amount of time to work on them.

Yes, I miss the days when I had plenty of free time. Having a regular job really put an end to that.

DizzyDrea wrote:And telling my muse to stop coming up with new ideas just doesn't work. She's relentless! The plot bunnies just keep multiplying, no matter what I do...

Ah, you too, huh? Here I have stories that need to be finished and important sequels that need to be written, and what does my muse do? Come up with new ideas that she demands I write. I hadn't even finished None So Blind yet when a brand new Daniel/Sam fic comes waltzing into my head.

DizzyDrea wrote:At this point, you know I'll pretty much read anything you write...so just as long as you keep writing, I'll be patient.

I'll hold you to that, the part about reading pretty much anything I write, that is. Now, you may be thinking, "Hmm. I wonder why she's saying that." Well, I'm going to be the Queen of Tease yet again and tell you that this new Daniel/Sam fic is quite different from my other ones in regards to the romance. It's going to be interesting to see how people react to it. >;-D

MaureenT
Site Admin

Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments