None so Blind Chapter 18

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

None so Blind Chapter 18

Postby Stormwing on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:04 pm

Squueeeeeee! New chapter time!

poor Cam, makes me want to give him hugs :<
lol phew looks like we didn't need that sarcophagus after all :D
that was some really nice conversations with Jack and a cool idea, TeacherJack!
I wonder what kind of plants are gonna grow from that pot? :think:
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Image
User avatar
Stormwing
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:51 pm
Location: The Wonderful Land of Oz

Re: None so Blind Chapter 18

Postby MaureenT on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Stormwing wrote:Squueeeeeee! New chapter time!

poor Cam, makes me want to give him hugs :<

Yes, poor Cam is definitely in need of a hug. Vala's fear of letting him know how much she cares is putting him through hell.

Stormwing wrote:lol phew looks like we didn't need that sarcophagus after all :D

Nope, at least not yet.

Stormwing wrote:that was some really nice conversations with Jack and a cool idea, TeacherJack!

I think that Jack would make a pretty good teacher, based upon the briefing his clone gave in Fragile Balance.

Stormwing wrote:I wonder what kind of plants are gonna grow from that pot? :think:

I promise that you'll find out.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: None so Blind Chapter 18

Postby DizzyDrea on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Greetings from Reno! I'm sitting here in my condo, enjoying a cold one and practically falling out of my chair laughing at this chapter...and not because of the beer!

Needless to say, my parents thought I'd lost my mind when I started laughing at Jack singing that little tune! You made my day, Maureen!

Seriously, though, I'm with Stormwing: somebody give poor Cam a hug. The man has got it bad, and Vala's not helping, what with getting naked offworld just to tease him. But here's the thing: she sees Daniel as a good man who would never intentionally hurt her. Why doesn't she see Cam the same way? (I'm not being retorical here, I'd love your take, since you seem to understand her better than I do.)

And what is with Sam?! That is the worst case of self-inflicted blindness I've ever seen! They've consummated their relationship, talked about marriage--hell, even Sara sees it--but Sam seems oblivious. Is she ever going to catch a clue, or is someone going to have to hit her with a clue-by-four? I'm just sayin', is all...

And nice to see Jack and Sara reconnecting. Do you realize you now have three separate love stories going? I do hope it's your intention to pay off all three...I might have to send you virtual razberries if you don't!
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
User avatar
DizzyDrea
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 10:12 am
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: None so Blind Chapter 18

Postby MaureenT on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:10 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:Greetings from Reno! I'm sitting here in my condo, enjoying a cold one and practically falling out of my chair laughing at this chapter...and not because of the beer!

Needless to say, my parents thought I'd lost my mind when I started laughing at Jack singing that little tune! You made my day, Maureen!

I'm happy to hear that I'd made your day. The truth is that I forgot to put that in. It wasn't until after I'd posted the chapter and sent the notices that it suddenly leaped into my head, and I had to do a lightning-fast revision and add it in.

DizzyDrea wrote:Seriously, though, I'm with Stormwing: somebody give poor Cam a hug. The man has got it bad, and Vala's not helping, what with getting naked offworld just to tease him. But here's the thing: she sees Daniel as a good man who would never intentionally hurt her. Why doesn't she see Cam the same way? (I'm not being retorical here, I'd love your take, since you seem to understand her better than I do.)

It's not that Vala thinks that Cam would intentionally hurt her. She knows that he wouldn't. But for someone like her, admitting that you care that deeply would be like revealing a vulnerability, a weakness. She's had to be tough and strong her whole life, pretend that she doesn't feel things as deeply as she does. So to admit that she's in love would be very hard for her, so hard that she can't even admit it to herself.

Falling in love with someone does, in a certain way, give them power over you. I'm not talking about controlling power, though, sadly, that is the case in some relationships. I speak of the fact that that person has the power to hurt you deeply, whether intentionally or unintentionally. That's why saying, "I love you," takes courage. You are openly giving your heart to that person and trusting them to take good care of it. When Vala does finally admit to her love and says those words, it'll be one of the bravest things she's ever done.

DizzyDrea wrote:And what is with Sam?! That is the worst case of self-inflicted blindness I've ever seen! They've consummated their relationship, talked about marriage--hell, even Sara sees it--but Sam seems oblivious. Is she ever going to catch a clue, or is someone going to have to hit her with a clue-by-four? I'm just sayin', is all...

Ah, but is Sam really as blind as Jack thinks she is? He made the assumption that because she hasn't spoken the words, she is totally oblivious to the emotion, but that may not be the case.

DizzyDrea wrote:And nice to see Jack and Sara reconnecting. Do you realize you now have three separate love stories going? I do hope it's your intention to pay off all three...I might have to send you virtual razberries if you don't!

Well, the Jack/Sara thing is really just a minor side story that my muse decided to throw in because she didn't want Jack to be alone. Its part in the rest of the fic will be very small, except perhaps for one important conversation that's coming up in the next chapter.

And don't worry. All three love stories will have good resolutions, although the Jack/Sara one will remain mostly "tell" rather than "show," if you know what I mean.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA


Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron