None So Blind - Chapter 17

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

None So Blind - Chapter 17

Postby Thietje on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:22 pm

I hope Landry doesn't have a heart attack or a stroke when SG-1 fills him in on what happened.
Thietje
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: Yakima, WA

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 17

Postby MaureenT on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Thietje wrote:I hope Landry doesn't have a heart attack or a stroke when SG-1 fills him in on what happened.

He may not have a heart attack, but a few windows just might shatter due to the decibel level of his yelling. :D
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 17

Postby DizzyDrea on Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:24 pm

All I could think of when I was reading that last scene was that song from "Fiddler on the Roof"...you know..."Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match..." If it hadn't been for the fact that my Dad was sitting right next to me, I think I'd have fallen off my chair from laughing too hard! :roltf:

I love Teal'c's oh-so-dignified exit. It's not like he's a prude or anything, but just imagining him standing there, listening to a whole bunch of people he doesn't know having S-E-X...well, Teal'c's no saint, but he does have his limits.

Thietje wrote:I hope Landry doesn't have a heart attack or a stroke when SG-1 fills him in on what happened.


I agree, especially in light of the fact that Cam and Vala have yet to tell him about their relationship. Knowing how sneaky you are, Maureen, I wonder if there's more to this, and that you've left us hanging on purpose.

And as for that Anasazi thing, why does it always seem like we get there after they've gone? It would be so exciting to meet them. A culture that carves its dwellings out of the rock face has got to be fascinating. To me, it's entirely plausible that they found themselves offworld and fled through the stargate to find safety away from the Goa'uld.

I love that Daniel willingly gives up studying this site further for love of a woman. It's a stark counterpoint to his near desperation to stay at the Heliopolis back in Season 1. I always thought that part of the reason he wanted to stay, back then, was because he felt that he'd lost so much, and that being trapped on that planet, doing something worthwhile, would feel like it hadn't all been for nothing. It shows just how far he's come, and what being free to love Sam has done for him. Very enlightening...bravo!
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
User avatar
DizzyDrea
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 10:12 am
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 17

Postby MaureenT on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:09 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:All I could think of when I was reading that last scene was that song from "Fiddler on the Roof"...you know..."Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match..." If it hadn't been for the fact that my Dad was sitting right next to me, I think I'd have fallen off my chair from laughing too hard! :roltf:

Oh, lord. I just got an image of Jack sauntering up to Teal'c, singing that very song. I just may have to put that in the story. |-D

DizzyDrea wrote:I love Teal'c's oh-so-dignified exit. It's not like he's a prude or anything, but just imagining him standing there, listening to a whole bunch of people he doesn't know having S-E-X...well, Teal'c's no saint, but he does have his limits.

And, if he had chosen to stay, he'd have stood there, stone-faced, as all the moaning and screaming was going on, using his Jaffa discipline to the utmost. ;)

DizzyDrea wrote:
Thietje wrote:I hope Landry doesn't have a heart attack or a stroke when SG-1 fills him in on what happened.

I agree, especially in light of the fact that Cam and Vala have yet to tell him about their relationship. Knowing how sneaky you are, Maureen, I wonder if there's more to this, and that you've left us hanging on purpose.

Well, actually, I ended the chapter there because it was getting too long, and it was the only good place for a chapter break. However, there will be one important development that results from this, but it's probably not one that you'd see coming.

DizzyDrea wrote:And as for that Anasazi thing, why does it always seem like we get there after they've gone? It would be so exciting to meet them. A culture that carves its dwellings out of the rock face has got to be fascinating. To me, it's entirely plausible that they found themselves offworld and fled through the stargate to find safety away from the Goa'uld.

Yes, it is too bad that the descendants of the Anasazi weren't still there in the city, but that doesn't mean that there are none left on the planet. Alas, that is something I will not be getting into since it would take this story way off-track.

DizzyDrea wrote:I love that Daniel willingly gives up studying this site further for love of a woman. It's a stark counterpoint to his near desperation to stay at the Heliopolis back in Season 1. I always thought that part of the reason he wanted to stay, back then, was because he felt that he'd lost so much, and that being trapped on that planet, doing something worthwhile, would feel like it hadn't all been for nothing. It shows just how far he's come, and what being free to love Sam has done for him. Very enlightening...bravo!

Personally, I think that whole incident was a case of Daniel being blinded by his quest for knowledge. It turned into an obsession, and, as with most obsessions, he lost the ability to think rationally. None of the knowledge he gained from that thing would have been worth anything if he had been unable to share it, just as I said in my story, Knowledge Unshared. All Daniel could think about was his thirst for knowledge, his need to know. He didn't even think about the fact that he might never see Sha're again if he stayed. Daniel in the later seasons was a lot more mature and level-headed. He learned that there are things more important than the pursuit of knowledge.

That having been said, Daniel turning away from taking part in such an important archeological dig says a lot. I really have to wonder if he'd have done the same thing if Sha're hadn't been taken, and a similar situation occurred some eight or nine years ago. Would he have given up on being a part of that dig? It's something to think about.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 17

Postby Stormwing on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Teal'c as matchmaker...... hahahahahaha

XD this spring festival was reminiscent of Jack's bungle with the 'marriage cake' in brief candle.

MaureenT wrote:
Thietje wrote:I hope Landry doesn't have a heart attack or a stroke when SG-1 fills him in on what happened.

He may not have a heart attack, but a few windows just might shatter due to the decibel level of his yelling. :D
XD all the more reason to find that sarcophagus now :P
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Image
User avatar
Stormwing
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:51 pm
Location: The Wonderful Land of Oz

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 17

Postby MaureenT on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Stormwing wrote:Teal'c as matchmaker...... hahahahahaha

XD this spring festival was reminiscent of Jack's bungle with the 'marriage cake' in brief candle.

Except that nobody got drugged this time -- nor will do the deed. :D

Stormwing wrote:
MaureenT wrote:
Thietje wrote:I hope Landry doesn't have a heart attack or a stroke when SG-1 fills him in on what happened.

He may not have a heart attack, but a few windows just might shatter due to the decibel level of his yelling. :D
XD all the more reason to find that sarcophagus now :P

Yes, just in case Landry's blood pressure goes so high that he pops an artery.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA


Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron