None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Postby Thietje on Sun May 15, 2011 11:33 am

Are they trying to give Landry a coronary? Because that's probably what's going to happen when he finds out that 2 of the other 3 members of SG-1 paired off. |-D
Thietje
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: Yakima, WA

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Postby MaureenT on Sun May 15, 2011 11:51 am

Thietje wrote:Are they trying to give Landry a coronary? Because that's probably what's going to happen when he finds out that 2 of the other 3 members of SG-1 paired off. |-D

Well, there was never really an option of not telling him, not if Cam and Vala wanted to continue their relationship. They could not keep it a secret forever.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Postby DizzyDrea on Sun May 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Yeah, that was sweet. Vala has a better chance to get past this and get on with her life if she talks it out. As my mother always used to say: better out than in.

And Cam is just being so wonderful. I like this more tender side of him. You can see that on screen at times--that there's more to him than just the gung-ho flyboy. He's thoughtful, insightful and loyal. All good qualities in a man who'll be dealing with Vala. And, like Daniel, he only wants to help. Great scenes with Vala and her boys.

I don't envy the conversation with Landry. He's gonna wonder if they're running a matchmaking service on SG-1. Then he'll probably look at Teal'c and ask if he's next. I can just imagine the heights that Teal'c's eyebrow would reach. |-D

So, now the question is, which of our ladies will buckle first and admit that they're in love with their man? 'Cuz they both are...they just haven't admitted it yet.
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
User avatar
DizzyDrea
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 10:12 am
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Postby MaureenT on Sun May 15, 2011 1:55 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:Yeah, that was sweet. Vala has a better chance to get past this and get on with her life if she talks it out. As my mother always used to say: better out than in.

Keeping it all locked inside her would just make the pain last longer. Talking about it with people who care and will give her lots of support is the best thing for her.

DizzyDrea wrote:And Cam is just being so wonderful. I like this more tender side of him. You can see that on screen at times--that there's more to him than just the gung-ho flyboy. He's thoughtful, insightful and loyal. All good qualities in a man who'll be dealing with Vala. And, like Daniel, he only wants to help. Great scenes with Vala and her boys.

There is definitely a soft, caring side to Cam. That was obvious in the series. Vala is the woman he loves, and seeing her pain is bringing that side of him out in force. He will do anything in his power to help her.

Have you noticed that, now that Vala is no longer pursuing Daniel, the two of them have grown closer? Vala's unwelcome innuendo and attempts to get him into bed was like sandpaper on their relationship. Now that those things are no longer present, their friendship is smoothing out. Daniel can feel completely comfortable being in her presence. As for Vala, now that she has another man in her life, she can let her friendship with Daniel be nothing more than that, no unresolved sexual tension getting in the way.

DizzyDrea wrote:I don't envy the conversation with Landry. He's gonna wonder if they're running a matchmaking service on SG-1. Then he'll probably look at Teal'c and ask if he's next. I can just imagine the heights that Teal'c's eyebrow would reach. |-D

Just wait. Finding out that Cam and Vala are a couple isn't the only thing coming up that's going to give poor Landry a gigantic case of heartburn. >;-D And it's funny that you should mention Teal'c running a matchmaking service. *evil laugh*

DizzyDrea wrote:So, now the question is, which of our ladies will buckle first and admit that they're in love with their man? 'Cuz they both are...they just haven't admitted it yet.

Sam is so close to figuring out the truth. It won't take much to pull that last veil from her eyes. As for Vala, what will it take to break through her denial? Me thinks that it will take more that just a little nudge.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Postby DizzyDrea on Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

MaureenT wrote: Just wait. Finding out that Cam and Vala are a couple isn't the only thing coming up that's going to give poor Landry a gigantic case of heartburn. >;-D And it's funny that you should mention Teal'c running a matchmaking service. *evil laugh*


And there goes the Queen of Tease again...was wondering when Her Evilness would make an appearance...

I must be getting better at this...I don't usually hit so close to the mark with your stories. They're so magnificently unpredictable that I have trouble seeing things coming. That's a compliment, by the way. As a writer, it's sometimes too easy for me to figure out where the story is going, but you are quite able to surprise me. Bravo! ^
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
User avatar
DizzyDrea
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 10:12 am
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Postby MaureenT on Sun May 15, 2011 2:40 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:And there goes the Queen of Tease again...was wondering when Her Evilness would make an appearance...

Yup. This was a perfect opportunity for some of that teasing, and I couldn't pass it up.

DizzyDrea wrote:I must be getting better at this...I don't usually hit so close to the mark with your stories. They're so magnificently unpredictable that I have trouble seeing things coming. That's a compliment, by the way. As a writer, it's sometimes too easy for me to figure out where the story is going, but you are quite able to surprise me. Bravo! ^

Ah, but how close are you really? I think some other surprises are in store for you. Actually, I got a surprise, too. What with the scene I'd just finished writing, your mention of Teal'c as a matchmaker made me laugh.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad that my storytelling isn't predictable.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Postby Ryanne 187 on Wed May 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Well,

Now I know what youve been wasting your time on. Instead of writing this.....I wont say what I want....that tends to offend....wouldnt wanna do THAT...why dont you write what youre REALLY good at. Cuz I tried to read this and it just reminded me of a slash fic I read months ago on Area 52. Good site BTW. That pairing actually makes sense. Not to mention homoerotica dosent give me a case of the eeeewwwwwies like it does some.

The Gen section has remained dormant for close to SEVEN months. Where are the sequals we were promised. Now THAT is the good sh*t. REALLY good. Maye I should reread it....itll at least remind me how good you are. THIS sure dosent do it.

Sorry if this hits the nerve of the oversensitive, but I believe in honesty, even if it DOES come off harsh.....thats not my problem. Im sure theres plenty of sycophants around here anyhow.

R
ImageImageImage
Two Words..SUCK IT!!! - Degeneration X
User avatar
Ryanne 187
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:26 pm
Location: Danbury , CT.

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Postby MaureenT on Wed May 25, 2011 6:25 pm

I find it rather strange that you say you won't mention which fanfic you want me to write because it will offend, yet you're not shy about saying all this other offensive stuff.

You have been a member of this board since 2008. You've known all along that I am a Daniel/Sam shipper and that there are Daniel/Sam stories posted here, yet you've managed to keep a civil tongue in your head up until now. Knowing your own aversion to D/S, you have only yourself to blame for reading this story and not liking it. You have no business coming here and insulting me and my writing because you were foolish enough to read a story with a pairing that you don't like. Do you read other D/S pairing stories just so that you can insult the author? Obviously, you don't like the C/V pairing either.

Everyone has their own opinion about the D/S pairing, and I know that your view is shared by a lot of people. I accept that, but you can't come onto my own forum on my own Web site and post comments like this and think there's nothing wrong with that. You call it honesty. I call it being a troll and being rude. I can't tell you how many scathing remarks I'd have loved to make about some fanfic, yet I kept silent because I will not stoop to becoming a troll. I also can't tell you how many times I've seen people use the words "honesty" or "freedom of speech" and think that it gives them the right to be rude and discourteous.

There have been times when the Ship section was dormant for several months while the Gen section was active, and there have been times when both sections were dormant for a long time. I write what my muse has the urge to write, and, at the present time, this is the one that the creative spark is focused on. That's the way it is, and complaining won't change it. The insulting things you said in this post definitely won't change it. In fact, it's made me feel like doing the opposite and write nothing but ship stories for the next year! Not that I will actually do that, but you'd have been better off keeping your mouth shut than writing this. Ever hear the old saying that you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar? If you wanted to encourage me to write a Gen story, you should have just posted a general comment saying you miss them.

That being said, I am informing you that you have been put on Moderation because you broke two of the rules of this message board, as well as going against one of the things cited in "What you can post in this forum." This action is not because your comments were aimed at me personally. If you had made insulting remarks about any member of this board, I would have done the same thing. Actually, I take that back. If you had attacked another member like this, I'd have immediately banned you.

What happens from here all depends on your own actions. If you submit another message like this one, you will either be deleted as a member and banned or put on a Read Only status, which means that you will be able to read what is posted here but not comment on anything.

Ryanne 187 wrote:Well,

Now I know what youve been wasting your time on. Instead of writing this.....I wont say what I want....that tends to offend....wouldnt wanna do THAT...why dont you write what youre REALLY good at. Cuz I tried to read this and it just reminded me of a slash fic I read months ago on Area 52. Good site BTW. That pairing actually makes sense. Not to mention homoerotica dosent give me a case of the eeeewwwwwies like it does some.

The Gen section has remained dormant for close to SEVEN months. Where are the sequals we were promised. Now THAT is the good sh*t. REALLY good. Maye I should reread it....itll at least remind me how good you are. THIS sure dosent do it.

Sorry if this hits the nerve of the oversensitive, but I believe in honesty, even if it DOES come off harsh.....thats not my problem. Im sure theres plenty of sycophants around here anyhow.

R
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Postby Ryanne 187 on Wed May 25, 2011 6:53 pm

So...what youre saying is if Id putup a message saying "I wish youd write this or that" in the Gen section it wouldve made a difference. No, it just wouldve come off as whining and pushing you to write something you didnt want to. People react to vinegar...honey is ignored.

You want me to be specific...okay...I will. The most special thing youve ever written is the WYAK series. That perfect epic where every PTB mistake was corrected in a way not even I couldve thought of....and turned our boy into a powerful being....both within and without. Now THAT deserves a revisit more than anything else. Specially since the Ori angle is just BEGGING for the 'I Will Mess You Up With My Mind Daniel' treatment. Id read that stuff if it were on the shelves at Borders. (Look, Im watching my swear words)

Oh, and I know youd like to flame. It dosent make you a troll if youre honest and are doing it because you truly have something to say, not because youre following the opinionsof someone you know or are just trying to hurt the author for personal reasons. And with all the OFCs out there, youd have plenty of ammo.

Trust me when I tell you that I tried to get past my.....dislike...and still hated it. So...aint for me. As for C/V...I can take it or leave it since both characters annoy me. Ones a cheap Jack ripoff (Then again...so was John Sheppard), the other just there for eye candy.......and neither Ben nor Claudia are Oscar winners....though she DID kick butt in Pitch Black.

I just say how it is, and dont really go out to be mean...just ends up being that way. And I think it would be a detriment to any artist to ONLY have "yes men" around.

R
ImageImageImage
Two Words..SUCK IT!!! - Degeneration X
User avatar
Ryanne 187
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:26 pm
Location: Danbury , CT.

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Postby MaureenT on Wed May 25, 2011 8:43 pm

As you can see, I approved your reply.

Ryanne 187 wrote:So...what youre saying is if Id putup a message saying "I wish youd write this or that" in the Gen section it wouldve made a difference. No, it just wouldve come off as whining and pushing you to write something you didnt want to. People react to vinegar...honey is ignored.

I'm guessing that you are not a fan fiction writer. If you were, you would know that honey is never ignored when it comes to comments about a fanfic. A writer may not always reply to someone who says something good, but that doesn't mean that the comment was ignored. I have gotten some bad comments from people on fanfiction.net, and, contrary to what you may think, I did not reply to all of them either. In fact, I replied to very few, only those that I felt I needed to.

If you had done what you said above, I'd have answered in the same way that I have answered other people who asked about the WYAK sequel and begged me to write it: that I will be turning my attention to it when I can. I will go into that further below. I would not have considered it whining. Every time someone asks me about the WYAK sequel, I consider it a compliment because it means that they liked the series enough that they want it to continue. So, in other words, you were completely wrong about how I'd react. You obviously don't know me like you think you do.

The sequel to WYAK is going to be a big story and will take a big time commitment, and I have not wanted to get started on it until I felt that I could devote the needed time to it. When I wrote WYAK, I had a lot of free time because I did not have a regular job. Now that I have both a regular job and am still doing jobs for clients, my free time is extremely limited. That isn't going to change, so what time I have for writing fan fiction needs to be rationed. I have an unfinished story that's been sitting for months and an unfinished series that's been sitting for even more months. I have a sequel that is 8 years overdue. On top of that, my muse keeps coming up with plot bunnies that demand immediate attention. There have been several times when I've had the urge to start on What You Do Not Know, but, every time, I decided against it because I knew that I'd end up posting a chapter or two, then have yet another story sitting, waiting to be continued. The first 8 pages were written just a few weeks after I finished WYAK and have been waiting on my computer ever since then.

Ryanne 187 wrote:You want me to be specific...okay...I will. The most special thing youve ever written is the WYAK series. That perfect epic where every PTB mistake was corrected in a way not even I couldve thought of....and turned our boy into a powerful being....both within and without. Now THAT deserves a revisit more than anything else. Specially since the Ori angle is just BEGGING for the 'I Will Mess You Up With My Mind Daniel' treatment. Id read that stuff if it were on the shelves at Borders. (Look, Im watching my swear words)

I appreciate the positive comments. The WYAK series is one of the fics that I am most proud of as a writer. Trust me when I say that a part of me is just itching to write some scenes where Daniel kicks some Prior butt. I have a song in my music collection that inspired a very AU scene from The Powers that Be. Every time I listen to that song, I feel like writing that scene. But, as I said above, I have to consider the overall time commitment for the whole story.

Ryanne 187 wrote:Oh, and I know youd like to flame. It dosent make you a troll if youre honest and are doing it because you truly have something to say, not because youre following the opinionsof someone you know or are just trying to hurt the author for personal reasons. And with all the OFCs out there, youd have plenty of ammo.

Every person who flames is honest about what they say and is doing it because they have something to say. If they had nothing they wanted to say, then they'd keep silent. Flaming someone has nothing to do with following the opinion of someone else. And since most online flamers do not know an author personally, their words wouldn't be aimed to hurt the author for personal reasons, unless they felt as if they were hurt personally by the writer. So I'm afraid that your statement doesn't hold any water. The definition of a troll is someone who posts comments about someone that are hurtful, rude, derogatory, and do not take into consideration the target's feelings. Flames are not the same thing as constructive criticism, which is an honest yet respectful comment about something that a person doesn't like. There was nothing at all constructive or respectful in your original message.

Ryanne 187 wrote:Trust me when I tell you that I tried to get past my.....dislike...and still hated it. So...aint for me.

And that's fine. To each his own. If you'd said that very thing in your original post instead of getting nasty, there would have been no problem.

Ryanne 187 wrote:I just say how it is, and dont really go out to be mean...just ends up being that way. And I think it would be a detriment to any artist to ONLY have "yes men" around.

I have no problem with constructive criticism. I have, in fact, gotten some good ideas from some. There have been comments made here that weren't completely glowing words of praise. So, no, I'm not expecting only "yes men" here. But what I do expect and demand is that every person who posts here be respectful and considerate when posting comments that are less than positive.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Postby Stormwing on Wed May 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Sorry about the Late reply didn't notice the story had been posted in the comments section (been there, done that)
so anyway on with the story, I really like how you've handled the Daniel/Vala relationship how they can now be in the same room without there being any dramas or one or both of them throwing things :P

Maybe they should try and find a sarcophagus for Landry before they tell him just in case XD
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Image
User avatar
Stormwing
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:51 pm
Location: The Wonderful Land of Oz

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 16 comments

Postby MaureenT on Thu May 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Stormwing wrote:Sorry about the Late reply didn't notice the story had been posted in the comments section (been there, done that)

The funny thing is that I hadn't even realized I'd done that until now. No one else said anything. It has now been moved to where it belongs.

Stormwing wrote:So anyway on with the story, I really like how you've handled the Daniel/Vala relationship how they can now be in the same room without there being any dramas or one or both of them throwing things :P

As I said in another comment here, Vala continually coming on to Daniel was like sandpaper on their relationship, grating Daniel the wrong way. Now that she's no longer going after him, their friendship has grown stronger.

Stormwing wrote:Maybe they should try and find a sarcophagus for Landry before they tell him just in case XD

Good idea. Then they won't even have to bother telling the new head of Homeworld Security about the coronary. :D
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA


Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron