None So Blind - Chapter 14

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

None So Blind - Chapter 14

Postby Thietje on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Wow, I can safely say I didn't see that coming. I hope the SGC has a person who specializes in counceling people who've been through that. And if they do, I hope Vala agrees to talk to him/her.

Also, are you going to tell us what will eventually happen to the guy who tried to rape Vala? I hope they through the book at him (or the local equivilent).
Thietje

Re: None So Blind - Chapter 14

Postby MaureenT on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:35 am

Thietje wrote:Wow, I can safely say I didn't see that coming. I hope the SGC has a person who specializes in counceling people who've been through that. And if they do, I hope Vala agrees to talk to him/her.

Also, are you going to tell us what will eventually happen to the guy who tried to rape Vala? I hope they through the book at him (or the local equivilent).

There would be no rape counselor right at the SGC. They don't even have a psychologist on staff. And, unless one was added sometime in the past to the ranks of the people who know about the Stargate, it is unlikely that the program as a whole would have one, although that doesn't mean that they couldn't bring someone in. There is, however, someone right there at the SGC who has intimate knowledge of rape and its psychological effects.

No, there will be no more news on what will become of the guy who attacked Vala. No one from the SGC will be going back to that planet to find out. However, based upon what the police said, it's very likely that the guy will be sent to prison. They already had evidence against him. It just wasn't enough to convict him. Also judging by what the police said, their judicial system is quite different from ours. In our system, it would have been necessary for Vala and Cam to testify in court. Vala would also have had to be examined by a doctor and photos of all her injuries taken.

This chapter had a pretty big revelation, but so does the next one, and it's not a nice one.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby DizzyDrea on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Well, between The Wedding and The Draft this weekend, I wasn't sure I was going to read this chapter, but I'm glad I did. And all I can say is...wow!

I can safely say that I didn't see any of that coming. Not the revelations about the Hedavin, or about Vala being attacked. Although Cam realizing he's actually done the unthinkable and fallen in love with Vala was good for its comedy value. How he could have missed that is quite beyond me.

As far as the Hedavin thing goes, I can see now why there was so much hostility between the two groups. It's unfortunately all too common here on Earth, so why would it be any different out there? At any rate, Daniel earned his paycheck plus a bonus for talking both sides down off the ledge and back to the table. Jack was always "shoot first, ask questions later", but Daniel's always been of the mind that talking can't hurt. Gotta love it.

And as for Vala being attacked, well that's just not nice. It'll probably make her pull back from Cam, just when things were starting to get interesting. Even though there's probably no rape counselor on staff, Daniel knows what it's like to be forced into sex against his will...I'm thinking Hathor the Horrible here...so at least she has someone she trusts to talk to. If she's willing.

MaureenT wrote:This chapter had a pretty big revelation, but so does the next one, and it's not a nice one.

You mean, there's more? Just how much can you put these people through before they start turning on you? Wait, nevermind. Knowing you, you'll do it anyway.
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Postby MaureenT on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:05 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:Well, between The Wedding and The Draft this weekend, I wasn't sure I was going to read this chapter, but I'm glad I did. And all I can say is...wow!

Well, I'm flattered that you took time out of your busy schedule to read it. The wedding? The draft? Did you mention something about these in a previous post?

DizzyDrea wrote:I can safely say that I didn't see any of that coming. Not the revelations about the Hedavin, or about Vala being attacked. Although Cam realizing he's actually done the unthinkable and fallen in love with Vala was good for its comedy value. How he could have missed that is quite beyond me.

Yes, like Sam, Cam was being stupidly blind about his feelings. But, as he said, subconsciously, he didn't want to see it because he believes that loving Vala is not a good thing and can only lead to heartbreak. We can blind ourselves to a lot of things that we don't want to see.

DizzyDrea wrote:As far as the Hedavin thing goes, I can see now why there was so much hostility between the two groups. It's unfortunately all too common here on Earth, so why would it be any different out there? At any rate, Daniel earned his paycheck plus a bonus for talking both sides down off the ledge and back to the table. Jack was always "shoot first, ask questions later", but Daniel's always been of the mind that talking can't hurt. Gotta love it.

The incident with the Unas in Enemy Mine is a perfect example of that. If it had been up to Colonel Edwards, the SGC would have brought in heavy artillery and blasted the Unas into nonexistence. Instead, Daniel brokered a treaty with them. He really is a natural-born peacemaker and diplomat.

DizzyDrea wrote:And as for Vala being attacked, well that's just not nice. It'll probably make her pull back from Cam, just when things were starting to get interesting. Even though there's probably no rape counselor on staff, Daniel knows what it's like to be forced into sex against his will...I'm thinking Hathor the Horrible here...so at least she has someone she trusts to talk to. If she's willing.

Ah, but will she pull back from Cam? There are things in her history that have not yet been revealed, things that could radically change your viewpoint of her and how she will ultimately react to this latest incident.

DizzyDrea wrote:
MaureenT wrote:This chapter had a pretty big revelation, but so does the next one, and it's not a nice one.

You mean, there's more? Just how much can you put these people through before they start turning on you? Wait, nevermind. Knowing you, you'll do it anyway.

Of course I'll do it anyway. >;-D Though it's not a nice revelation, it is going to lead to something positive.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby DizzyDrea on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:35 pm

MaureenT wrote:Well, I'm flattered that you took time out of your busy schedule to read it. The wedding? The draft? Did you mention something about these in a previous post?

It just sounds like I was busy...It's just that I do a good immitation! :D I don't think I mentioned anything in a previous post, so you didn't miss anything.

I got up along with the billion or so crazy people to watch Prince William and Kate Middleton get married Friday morning. It was a lovely service, and they make such a sweet couple. And her dress...she looked like Grace Kelly. It was all a bit surreal, since I didn't even plan to get up until the last minute. But I'd done it when Charles and Diana got married, so I figured, what the heck?

As for The Draft, I'm a big football fan, and the NFL Draft was on this weekend. It started Thursday night, and went on Friday evening and all day today. It's something my Dad and I do together...debate the picks and talk football until we're purple. It's a lot of fun, and something we can share together.

So, I'd only gotten a few hours of sleep and was totally wiped when your post came in. I thought about just waiting until today to read it, but my curiosity got the better of me. And you always make it worth the effort, so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. And I wasn't.

I'm just glad the thing with Vala won't ruin what's happening between her and Cam. I've never been fond of her character...she's far too annoying for my taste, but you write her deeper than even the show's writers ever did. I can't believe I'm rooting for them, but I am!
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Postby Stormwing on Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:42 pm

looks like I'm gonna board "so did not see that coming" boat with everyone else XD
firstly congrats to Daniel and his ability to stop people doing rash and stupid things (most of the time)
Hehe poor Landry and the headache Daniel & Sam gave him :P
Awww for the pretty pendant (I want one one ) :D
go cam for beating the snot out of that guy >:(
*hugs for Vala* I hope she'll be alright

More to come you say? I'll just pre-order my ticket for the next chapter's boat but I'm not sure if i should go with "so-did-not-see-that-coming" or "I-really-should-have-expected-that".....
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Postby MaureenT on Mon May 02, 2011 6:24 am

Stormwing wrote:Hehe poor Landry and the headache Daniel & Sam gave him :P

Just wait until he finds out about Cam and Vala. |-D

Stormwing wrote:Awww for the pretty pendant (I want one one ) :D

So do I. By the way, you're the first person to mention it, which, of course, is understandable consider the bigger things that happened in this chapter.

Stormwing wrote:go cam for beating the snot out of that guy >:(

The guy needs a lot more than a beating. Hopefully, he'll now get the punishment he deserves.

Stormwing wrote:*hugs for Vala* I hope she'll be alright

Vala is a strong woman. It might take a bit of time before she's completely past it, but she'll be all right.

Stormwing wrote:More to come you say? I'll just pre-order my ticket for the next chapter's boat but I'm not sure if i should go with "so-did-not-see-that-coming" or "I-really-should-have-expected-that".....

Hmm. I'm guessing that you'll be in the "so-did-not-see-that-coming" boat again, though I may be wrong.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments