None so Blind Chapter 13

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

None so Blind Chapter 13

Postby Stormwing on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:38 pm

this was a lovely chapter, nice to see more of Vala's soft side. Though Jack seemed rather....chipper about the whole thing with Daniel and Sam.
lol the last couple of lines just cracked me up it was a definite "oh sh*t" moment.
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Image
User avatar
Stormwing
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:51 pm
Location: The Wonderful Land of Oz

Re: None so Blind Chapter 13

Postby MaureenT on Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Stormwing wrote:this was a lovely chapter, nice to see more of Vala's soft side. Though Jack seemed rather....chipper about the whole thing with Daniel and Sam.
lol the last couple of lines just cracked me up it was a definite "oh sh*t" moment.


You'll be seeing more of that soft side of Vala's in the chapters to come, as well as learning some more things from Vala's past, things that will shed a bright light on the reason why she is the way she is about some things.

I wouldn't say that Jack was exactly chipper about Daniel and Sam. He was just pleased that his best friend was getting what he wanted and that Sam seemed to be happy as well. You must remember that Jack has not been in love with Sam for quite a while and was well aware of that fact even when he asked her to go out with him, so he really has no reason to be unhappy about the success of hers and Daniel's relationship. There's also the fact that there now might be the possibility that he and his ex-wife will get back together, which would certainly lighten his mood.

I'm glad that you enjoyed Daniel's reaction to the "Oh, sh*t" moment, which will be resolved one way or another in the next chapter.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: None so Blind Chapter 13

Postby DizzyDrea on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Very nice chapter.

I liked the inclusion of the idea that Jack and Sara might get back together. He's such a different person at the end of the show that their relationship might actually work this time. I always thought that they must have had problems before Charlie died. The secrecy involved in one spouse working in black ops can't be easy on a marriage. The non-military spouse must begin to resent that there's a large part of her husband's life that she can't share in. But with time appearing to have healed Jack's pain some, maybe there's hope for them yet. I approve!

I especially liked the Cam/Vala scenes. They're really connecting emotionally, and it shows. I like that Vala is finally starting to open up. She's being honest about being bored at the SGC, and about some of the hurts that she's had to deal with along the way. And a bored Vala is a dangerous Vala, as we all know.

As for that "oh, sh*t" moment at the end...uh-oh. It was all going so well, so naturally something had to happen to foul that up. It just wouldn't be SG-1 without that.

Can't wait to read the next chapter and see how they get out of this mess!
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
User avatar
DizzyDrea
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 10:12 am
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: None so Blind Chapter 13

Postby MaureenT on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:15 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:Very nice chapter.

I liked the inclusion of the idea that Jack and Sara might get back together. He's such a different person at the end of the show that their relationship might actually work this time. I always thought that they must have had problems before Charlie died. The secrecy involved in one spouse working in black ops can't be easy on a marriage. The non-military spouse must begin to resent that there's a large part of her husband's life that she can't share in. But with time appearing to have healed Jack's pain some, maybe there's hope for them yet. I approve!

Thanks! It's very likely that Jack being unable to share with Sara anything about the work that was a huge part of his life did put a strain on their relationship. Now that he's retired, that would no longer be an issue. And both he and Sara have healed from Charlie's death, so they can leave it in the past, where it won't affect their relationship.

DizzyDrea wrote:I especially liked the Cam/Vala scenes. They're really connecting emotionally, and it shows. I like that Vala is finally starting to open up. She's being honest about being bored at the SGC, and about some of the hurts that she's had to deal with along the way. And a bored Vala is a dangerous Vala, as we all know.

Considering that Vala always seemed to be hanging around Daniel's office, I assume that she must not have had work of her own to do. Maybe Cam will have to do something about that, although exactly what duties they could give to Vala might prove to be a challenge. :D

There is going to be a gigantic revelation about Vala's past, something that will give you a whole new image of her and why she acts the way she does about certain things. And that's not the only big revelation that's coming up.

DizzyDrea wrote:As for that "oh, sh*t" moment at the end...uh-oh. It was all going so well, so naturally something had to happen to foul that up. It just wouldn't be SG-1 without that.

Yep, when it comes to SG-1, if things are going along smoothly, you just know that something's going to happen.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
User avatar
MaureenT
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:52 pm
Location: Oregon, USA


Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron