Defying the Odds - Chapter 16

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Daniel/Sam Ship fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

Defying the Odds - Chapter 16

Postby Thietje on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:44 am

I liked it. Especially the part where Jack finds out about the pool that was started to bet on how long Daniel and Sam's relationship would last.
Thietje

Re: Defying the Odds - Chapter 16

Postby DizzyDrea on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 pm

"Forty to one in favor of it going up in flames like the Hindenburg within the next three months."

God, I love that line! Probably the best one in the story so far. I was at work when I read this, so I was trying not to make too much noise, but I cracked up when I read that. The people around me must have thought I was nuts. Good thing it was lunch time and there weren't many people around.

What astonishes me is just what people will bet on. Although I shouldn't be, really. I've heard stories of celebrities and their outrageous bets. Still, it was rather fun to "see" Jack pull out his hardass routine and grind some poor schmuck into dust. Bet they won't try that again!

I wondered just how many missions SG-1 had to go on without Daniel before he couldn't take it anymore and wanted back on the team. Turns out, not too many.

Looking forward to the rest. We've waited this long, I think we can wait a little longer.
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Postby Stormwing on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Daniel is back, Daniel is back, Daniel is back on the team!!!

okay now that I have that out of my system :P

I'm glad Jack shut down that pool quickly and put the fear of Colonel in the ringleaders, office pools can sometimes be good things but more often then not they can turn really bad. I think that if it hadn't been shut down it wouldn't have been too long before people started doing things to try and hedge their bets.
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Postby MaureenT on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Thietje wrote:I liked it. Especially the part where Jack finds out about the pool that was started to bet on how long Daniel and Sam's relationship would last.

Thanks. I enjoyed writing that part and Jack's little "talk" with Jenkins. :D
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby MaureenT on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:59 pm

DizzyDrea wrote:God, I love that line! Probably the best one in the story so far. I was at work when I read this, so I was trying not to make too much noise, but I cracked up when I read that. The people around me must have thought I was nuts. Good thing it was lunch time and there weren't many people around.

I'm happy to hear that it gave you a laugh. It can be rather embarrassing when you suddenly burst out laughing and the people around you look at you like you're crazy, although in this age of Bluetooth, it's no longer strange to see people seemingly talking to thin air and laughing about things others can't see or hear.

DizzyDrea wrote:What astonishes me is just what people will bet on. Although I shouldn't be, really. I've heard stories of celebrities and their outrageous bets. Still, it was rather fun to "see" Jack pull out his hardass routine and grind some poor schmuck into dust. Bet they won't try that again!

Pools crop up about some pretty strange things, but it's really no surprise that it would happen over something as surprising and controversial as Daniel and Sam's relationship. It was, however, one pool that a certain Air Force major is now very sorry he got started.

DizzyDrea wrote:I wondered just how many missions SG-1 had to go on without Daniel before he couldn't take it anymore and wanted back on the team. Turns out, not too many.

Nope, it didn't take many, although I suspect that it would have taken more if Daniel hadn't been in a relationship with Sam. But then, if they hadn't, Daniel might not have even rejoined the Stargate Program yet.

DizzyDrea wrote:Looking forward to the rest. We've waited this long, I think we can wait a little longer.

Thanks. My muse is grudgingly letting me work on the next chapter piece by piece. I'm also working on the next part of the Incidence Series.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby MaureenT on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Stormwing wrote:Daniel is back, Daniel is back, Daniel is back on the team!!!

He certainly is, much to the delight of his teammates. I kind of get the impression that you're delighted, too. :D

Stormwing wrote:I'm glad Jack shut down that pool quickly and put the fear of Colonel in the ringleaders, office pools can sometimes be good things but more often then not they can turn really bad. I think that if it hadn't been shut down it wouldn't have been too long before people started doing things to try and hedge their bets.

I can't picture anyone going so far as to try hedging their bets, but the longer that pool went on, the more upsetting it would have been for Daniel, and you can bet that, eventually, Sam would have found out, which would have been really bad. I can imagine her finding out the names of all the people who bet against them and giving them a piece of her mind.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Return to Daniel/Sam Ship Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments