Turning Point Ch 1

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Gen fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

Turning Point Ch 1

Postby AlexMcpherson on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:52 pm

*Blinks*
Okay, that, i doubt I'd be able to match.
AlexMcpherson

Re: Turning Point Ch 1

Postby MaureenT on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:05 pm

Now don't say that when you haven't even started writing the story, Alex. I'm sure you'll do fine.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby MaureenT on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that everyone who has posted reviews on fanfiction.net loves the idea, so you definitely came up with a winner. I did give you credit for the idea in my author's notes there, too.

By the way, except for one person that I'm pretty sure didn't, so far, everyone who reviewed knew who Egeria was. I figured that some wouldn't.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby Lucifel on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:45 pm

You know, I think Egeria is one of those (rather useless ;) ) bits of information people store somewhere in their brain.
Of course, on the other hand is the fact, we often see Goa'uld but not Goa'uld queens, so that could be an additional point for remembering her.

That aside, a great first chapter and another great story, I expect :) .
Haben wir Gutes empfangen von Gott und sollten das Böse nicht auch annehmen?

What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?

Book of Job 2, 10
Lucifel

Postby MaureenT on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks, Lucifel.

I suppose that "useless" is a matter of opinion. Though she was mentioned by name in only one episodes and actually in one other, being the queen of the Tok'ra, a race that had a major role in the series, does make her a very important character in regards to the series canon. But then, for the majority of fans, remembering the name wouldn't be way up there in importance.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby Spyridon on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Each person to their own. I want to read your view. Got to love AUs. :lol:

I kind of see where Lucifel is going. She wasn't a major player in the series itself so they like "okay, she's the queen, she's dead. . . What the hell is Jack doing now?!" type of thinking . Then when someone brings it they go "ohhhhhh" (I kind of did that when I read Pagan Twylight's series about the new batch of Tokra- "who's egeria again?).

TOGAS!
Spyridon

Postby MaureenT on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:02 pm

Spyridon wrote:Each person to their own. I want to read your view. Got to love AUs. :lol:

Actually, my story is not really an AU. Everything we saw in the series is going to happen as it did in the show. The events of this story won't change anything, which means that the definition of an AU doesn't apply. You could look at this as an event that happened "off camera", something that could have taken place between episodes.

Hmm. So does that "each person to their own" comment mean that you're not too crazy about the way things happened in this first chapter?

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby Xanidel on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:05 pm

MaureenT wrote:Everything we saw in the series is going to happen as it did in the show. The events of this story won't change anything, which means that the definition of an AU doesn't apply. You could look at this as an event that happened "off camera", something that could have taken place between episodes.

I believe the term for this is a tag? [Or a series of them in this case] I see plenty of these on FF.net

Also: Hai! I'm new here, just love your stories, both Gen and Ship.
On the memorability of Egeria, I personally recognized her instantly, and in Daniel's place three things would have immediately followed: *Gasp*, Queen Egeria?!, Tok'Ra! [Lucky for Daniel, he's not me, as that sentence would probably get him in some major trouble.]
Xanidel

Postby Lucifel on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:56 am

Spyridon wrote:She wasn't a major player in the series itself so they like "okay, she's the queen, she's dead. . . What the hell is Jack doing now?!"

Yeah, what I meant.
She's there, she's mentioned and that's about it.

MaureenT wrote:
Spyridon wrote:Each person to their own. I want to read your view. Got to love AUs. :lol:
Hmm. So does that "each person to their own" comment mean that you're not too crazy about the way things happened in this first chapter?

I think, that means to each person their point of view, their opinion in which way they want to go with the premise: Daniel travels back and meets Egeria.

Not that your chapter is bad.

Book of Job 2, 10
Lucifel

Postby Spyridon on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:23 am

No I was talking about how people write their stories. So I'm looking forward to Alex's take on it.

Oh, two more chatterboxes to add to the mix?
Spyridon

Postby AlexMcpherson on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:48 am

I've made a start, and outlining further chapters tonight. I'm not a fast writer, or a, consistent, one. I write in bursts.
AlexMcpherson

Postby Lucifel on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Spyridon wrote:Oh, two more chatterboxes to add to the mix?

Meh. Chatterboxes I don't know. Maybe giving an opinion or two :mrgreen:

Book of Job 2, 10
Lucifel

Postby Spyridon on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:47 pm

Compared to the others, you're already a chatter box. :lol:

Alex, take all the time you need.
Spyridon

Postby Lucifel on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Spyridon wrote:Compared to the others, you're already a chatter box. :lol:

Yeah, well, there is, of course, that. :lol:

And I've gone completely offtopic now :oops:

Book of Job 2, 10
Lucifel

Postby AlexMcpherson on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:30 pm

Spyridon wrote:Alex, take all the time you need.

I am doing. And I am going to use this as a, spring-board, to get back to my 'Fifth Member' series.
AlexMcpherson

Next

Return to Gen Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments