Tallying the Score

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Gen fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

Tallying the Score

Postby Stormwing on Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:40 pm

hahaha way to freak out the newbies.

yeah I went back over my list, and if you only count actual 'Daniel' Daniel deaths of more then a few seconds it is 6 *tips hat to you*
my own list was a bit more loose. if you include alternate realities, futures that get undone (twice), robot Daniel and video game lives..... yeah okay even I went a bit far on that last one :P
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Re: Tallying the Score

Postby MaureenT on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Ah. I was wondering how you came up with such a high number. No, you can't count virtual deaths. Sorry. If you could, Teal'c would outdo everyone. :D
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby DizzyDrea on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:18 am

I'd imagine you could substitute just about anything for the talk about dying and the newbies would be freaked, because I'm sure they don't actually read the small print.

Warning: Working for the SGC may cause irreperable harm, up to and including death. Proceed at your own risk.

Maybe they should include a disclaimer to that effect when they ask these guys to sign up. Just so they won't completely lose it the first time they face death, dying, dismemberment, capture, torture...Okay, maybe I wouldn't want that job, either.

Great drabble. I'm impressed that you were able to keep yourself to 100 words! That's practically the blink of an eye. Must have been incredibly challenging for someone who's written the equivalent of War and Peace...multiple times... ;)
To imagine is everything; to know is nothing at all.
~Anais Nin
DizzyDrea

Postby AlexMcpherson on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Hello. Hello hello, this thing working?
Ah
Hey guys, long time.

A guy can forget to return here again, and again and again and again ;p

and nice fic. set season 8 with General O'Neill, so I'm guessing pre-Iraq (which was 2003 onward, while if you match Hayes' term to the same start year as Bush's, means Season 8 is set before the war in Iraq.
AlexMcpherson

Postby MaureenT on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:26 pm

AlexMcpherson wrote:Hello. Hello hello, this thing working?
Ah
Hey guys, long time.

A guy can forget to return here again, and again and again and again ;p

Okay, who are you, and how did you get on this board without permission? ;-D

Nice to see you here, Alex. I was beginning to think that you'd completely left Stargate behind and permanently moved on to other stuff.

AlexMcpherson wrote:and nice fic. set season 8 with General O'Neill, so I'm guessing pre-Iraq (which was 2003 onward, while if you match Hayes' term to the same start year as Bush's, means Season 8 is set before the war in Iraq.

I'm afraid you've got your dates mixed up. Season 8 was aired in 2004 and 2005, so the events would have taken place no earlier than that. If you put Inauguration on the date it should have taken place (January 2005) instead of the year it aired (2004), that would bump Season 8 up another year, making it happen in 2005 and 2006. We won't go into how having Inauguration taking place in 2005 would mean that, somewhere along the way, we gained an additional year, which does not jive with things in some of the previous episodes.

By the way, the story had "again" just three times. :D ;)
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Return to Gen Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments