Autumn of '73 - Chapter 40

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Gen fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

Autumn of '73 - Chapter 40

Postby Stormwing on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:10 pm

^ I love this series and I am so glad you were able to pick it up again :D

You nailed Daniel's Grandfather quite well I could imagine him acting exactly like that, cold fish indeed XD

:O so that's where he learned "row row your boat" I always thought it was Jack's fualt :P

Keep up the good work, always eager to read more :)
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Re: Autumn of '73 - Chapter 40

Postby AlexMcpherson on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:47 pm

One of Stargate Universes' main character is Ronald Greer. Okay, a black guy, but Maybe, just, maybe, could ya do something about say, Quentin's got a little bit of a distant cousin (aka the son of the son of a son of a brother who was the father of the father of his.) and somewhere along the way, adoption was involved there too, whether he or his dad were adopted into the greers, or the SGU characters' dad was or whatever. you know. Quentin hears about the troubles his 'distant cousin' is having since returning from war, and how no ones' heard or read more than two words from said cousins' son or wife...

You know, more of that weird, tied-in stuff.
AlexMcpherson

Postby MaureenT on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Stormwing wrote:^ I love this series and I am so glad you were able to pick it up again :D

You nailed Daniel's Grandfather quite well I could imagine him acting exactly like that, cold fish indeed XD

:O so that's where he learned "row row your boat" I always thought it was Jack's fualt :P

Keep up the good work, always eager to read more :)

Yes, this really is how I could imagine Nick acting. It was quite obvious that he had little time for his grandson when Daniel was a child. It probably wasn't until Daniel started visiting Nick in the psychiatric facility that the man actually began getting to know him.

Well, yes, in this AU version of the Stargate universe, this is how Daniel learns "Row, Row, Row Your Boat." As for the "real" Stargate universe, I'm sure that he learned the song a long, long time before the events of Urgo. Oh, and it was Sam who started singing the song first in the episode, so it couldn't have been Jack's fault anyway.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby MaureenT on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:37 pm

AlexMcpherson wrote:One of Stargate Universes' main character is Ronald Greer. Okay, a black guy, but Maybe, just, maybe, could ya do something about say, Quentin's got a little bit of a distant cousin (aka the son of the son of a son of a brother who was the father of the father of his.) and somewhere along the way, adoption was involved there too, whether he or his dad were adopted into the greers, or the SGU characters' dad was or whatever. you know. Quentin hears about the troubles his 'distant cousin' is having since returning from war, and how no ones' heard or read more than two words from said cousins' son or wife...

You know, more of that weird, tied-in stuff.

Um, okay, unless I missed it somehow, there wasn't anything in that comment that was about the chapter. ;)

I have never watched Universe, so I know nothing about the character of Ronald Greer. Sorry, but I wouldn't do a tie-in for a character that I've never watched and know nothing about. I would have to watch him in some of the episodes before I'd even consider doing that, and I don't see that happening any time in the foreseeable future.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Return to Gen Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments