Incidents Series Part 16: The SG-13 Incident

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Gen fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

Incidents Series Part 16: The SG-13 Incident

Postby Stormwing on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:35 pm

This was a really nice chapter. The byplay between Daniel and Dixon flowed well and showed a great friendship.
Lol I wasn't surprised when Daniel collapsed after using his mind whammy too much, he never learns where that is concerned.
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Re: Incidents Series Part 16: The SG-13 Incident

Postby MaureenT on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:18 am

Stormwing wrote:This was a really nice chapter. The byplay between Daniel and Dixon flowed well and showed a great friendship.
Lol I wasn't surprised when Daniel collapsed after using his mind whammy too much, he never learns where that is concerned.

I enjoyed delving into the relationship between Daniel and Dixon, not to mention getting into Dixon's head and showing his thoughts. He was in only one episode, but he was such a strong and colorful character that he made an impact. Of course, I give credit for that to Adam Baldwin, the actor who brought him to life.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby AlexMcpherson on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:02 am

An actor who did an especially great job in Firefly/Serenity as Jayne Cobb...

and who I saw first in Independance Day as one of the Area 51 military guys.
AlexMcpherson

Postby MaureenT on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:14 am

AlexMcpherson wrote:An actor who did an especially great job in Firefly/Serenity as Jayne Cobb...

and who I saw first in Independance Day as one of the Area 51 military guys.

I can't remember what I first saw him in, although I know it was before Independence Day. He's also great as John Casey in Chuck, a character that's right up his alley.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby AlexMcpherson on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:23 pm

yeah, I was disappointed that he wasn't in more of Stargate. Maybe reprise his role in Universe as a 1-star would be cool, 'General O'Neill isn't available right now, Col. Young."

:P

not that it'll happen. But kinda wondering what the hell O'Neill does do as a 3-star General, when he's not meeting with people from destiny 'cuz no 3-star has that small number of direct responsibilities.

Hammond and O'Neill in SGC, sure, but then you could define those as singular or plural, 'running the sgc' to 'co-ordinating offworld activity and base-side activities, operational and logistical-' etcetera

sure, some of that is then delegated, but seriously, theres how many teams and the general seems to brief each one on their missions (when it's not just straight first-visit recon)

As a 3-star in charge of: The Atlantis Expedition; Stargate Command; and all the offworld bases (by that, I mean those are under his purview with each commander of those operations reporting to him, like hammond did to the president in the first 7 seasons) he can't spend all his time dealing with petty arguements between wray/rush/young in the form of those ridiculous st.... anyway.

--

Good story. gotta go read it from the beginning sometime in the next 3 weeks. bit busy.
AlexMcpherson

Return to Gen Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments