Broken Trust - Chapter 4 of 5

Post your feedback, questions, requests, etc. for Gen fanfics on this Web site. Please follow the forum rules when posting a comment.

Broken Trust - Chapter 4 of 5

Postby Thietje on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:17 pm

You were right. I did enjoy what happened in this one.

I'm really looking forward to the next one.
Thietje

Re: Broken Trust - Chapter 4 of 5

Postby Stormwing on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Bahahahaahaha!

*catches breath* man that was awesome. Nice bring down of Mackenzie.
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Postby MaureenT on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:54 pm

Thietje wrote:You were right. I did enjoy what happened in this one.

I'm really looking forward to the next one.

Yes, I do believe that everyone enjoys watching MacKensie get his comeuppance. :D
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby MaureenT on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Stormwing wrote:Bahahahaahaha!

*catches breath* man that was awesome. Nice bring down of Mackenzie.

Thanks! I quite enjoyed humiliating that man. I also enjoyed writing Daniel's confrontations with him, especially the second one.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby AlexMcpherson on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:07 am

That was some very good points there... including the in-series explanation for lack of mentioning Nicky.

(obvious Real World explanation of, nicky hadn't even been created at that point.)

And good point with that Mackenzie wanted his theory to be right, so didn't consider other things despite his personal experience in dealing with alien mind-altering things and the removing of from SG-1.

Say, who was it who was the big Sam/Jack shipper, on the SG-1 writing team? Because Rob Cooper's leaving the team at the end of SG-U season 2, and if both of them are still single by then, then lets hope the others give a real suitable reason for why daniel wasn't in Atlantis since the end of the Ori... :P *ahem*

Yeah, still that bit of a S/D shipper.
AlexMcpherson

Postby MaureenT on Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:25 pm

AlexMcpherson wrote:That was some very good points there... including the in-series explanation for lack of mentioning Nicky.

(obvious Real World explanation of, nicky hadn't even been created at that point.)

Yes, in light of the events of Crystal Skull, you look back on Legacy and think about the fact that Nick's mental condition definitely should have been brought up, putting into question MacKensie's theory. Yet, obviously, it wasn't.

AlexMcpherson wrote:And good point with that Mackenzie wanted his theory to be right, so didn't consider other things despite his personal experience in dealing with alien mind-altering things and the removing of from SG-1.

I have no doubt in my mind that MacKensie was influenced by his own ego. I'll never forget the smug smile on his face when he thought he'd broken through Teal'c's brainwashing in Threshold. I bet he was really patting himself on the back, thinking that he'd succeeded in breaking a Goa'uld brainwashing technique. Boy, did he get a rude awakening when Bra'tac was able to tell in a matter of seconds that not only was Teal'c not cured, he'd also fooled the so-called expert into thinking he was. *snort*

AlexMcpherson wrote:Say, who was it who was the big Sam/Jack shipper, on the SG-1 writing team? Because Rob Cooper's leaving the team at the end of SG-U season 2, and if both of them are still single by then, then lets hope the others give a real suitable reason for why daniel wasn't in Atlantis since the end of the Ori... :P *ahem*

Cooper was the biggest J/S shipper, though most of the other producers jumped on the J/S bandwagon as well. Ironically, RDA, who was an executive producer, was one who did not jump on that bandwagon. From what I heard, he was never all that thrilled with the whole ship thing.

I'm confused about your comment regarding Daniel not being on Atlantis since the end of the Ori. He was in the 2-part story First Contact/The Lost Tribe. That was in the final season of Atlantis, after the Ori were dealt with. They loved having Michael on the show, and it was revealed that, if Atlantis hadn't been canceled, he might have been offered a regular part on the series. I mentioned that in a post in the Atlantis forum here.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby AlexMcpherson on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:57 am

Ah. The return of our multiple debates in a single post each.

MaureenT wrote:
AlexMcpherson wrote:That was some very good points there... including the in-series explanation for lack of mentioning Nicky.

Yes, in light of the events of Crystal Skull, you look back on Legacy and think about the fact that Nick's mental condition definitely should have been brought up, putting into question MacKensie's theory. Yet, obviously, it wasn't.

Have I ever told you, you're a genius, My Mistress? *bows like a lowly servant*

MaureenT wrote:
AlexMcpherson wrote:And good point with that Mackenzie wanted his theory to be right, so didn't consider other things despite his personal experience in dealing with alien mind-altering things and the removing of from SG-1.

I have no doubt in my mind that MacKensie was influenced by his own ego. I'll never forget the smug smile on his face when he thought he'd broken through Teal'c's brainwashing in Threshold. I bet he was really patting himself on the back, thinking that he'd succeeded in breaking a Goa'uld brainwashing technique. Boy, did he get a rude awakening when Bra'tac was able to tell in a matter of seconds that not only was Teal'c not cured, he'd also fooled the so-called expert into thinking he was. *snort*

You know, forgot that he was in that episode. Season, 5, right?

I remember seasons by what events bridged them, see.

1-2: Apophis vs Earth/SG-1, 2-3: Hathor vs Lots of SG-Teams and Hammond in the needle Threader, 3-4: Replicators on Beliskner/russian sub vs SG-1, 4-5 (yep, it was S5) Kano, I mean, Apophis returns. (the kano reference has always been obvious to me. tho the MK movie sucked, it was still better than the second MK movie. ugh. Mortal Kombat if you dont know what I'm onabout)
]

MaureenT wrote:
AlexMcpherson wrote:Say, who was it who was the big Sam/Jack shipper, on the SG-1 writing team? Because Rob Cooper's leaving the team at the end of SG-U season 2, and if both of them are still single by then, then lets hope the others give a real suitable reason for why daniel wasn't in Atlantis since the end of the Ori... :P *ahem*

Cooper was the biggest J/S shipper, though most of the other producers jumped on the J/S bandwagon as well. Ironically, RDA, who was an executive producer, was one who did not jump on that bandwagon. From what I heard, he was never all that thrilled with the whole ship thing.

I'm confused about your comment regarding Daniel not being on Atlantis since the end of the Ori. He was in the 2-part story First Contact/The Lost Tribe. That was in the final season of Atlantis, after the Ori were dealt with. They loved having Michael on the show, and it was revealed that, if Atlantis hadn't been canceled, he might have been offered a regular part on the series. I mentioned that in a post in the Atlantis forum here.

Interesting thing with RDA.

Okay, that was if a Season 6 went ahead, but remember, this was *2 seasons* that ran without simultaneous runs of SG-1. Yes we had Sam in one, so they couldn't exactly bring DAniel over much, but there was the opportunity, right there, for Daniel to go and say Hi to Sam on occasion, even if in just a line, from McKay or someone.
"Right, who's been rooting through my files?"
"Oh, that's Daniel."
"Who?"
"Daniel Jackson?" Teyla asked. "He was most, curious about my people, and our culture. Yet unlike some of your people, was quite polite with it. Restrained."
"That the guy with Glasses who beat up Sheppard?" Ronan asked, making Sam chuckle at the blushing colonel.
"Don't feel bad, sheppard, Daniels' had more than 10 years offworld experience, and has gone through more stuff than all of us. Somewhere along the way, Teal'c and Jack gave him some training."
"General O'Neill?" Shepard asked. "wasn't he in Black Ops at one point?"
Sam nodded. "You know, I'm surprised you didn't get to see more of him the last time we were here, as a team."
McKay spoke up, "You were busy with searching for that, um..."
"Sangraal."
---

Anyway thats just a snippet I thought up on the spot. Then again, writers dont exactly come up with such stuff on the spot. what they do come up with tends to be good at first sight, unless you have 20:20 storyvision that is, which,... you know, they dont have. *snicker*

and what I meant by daniel not being there, was in the time-factor part of my sentence: "Since the end of the Ori". AKA being there, SINCE. As in, not to visit, but to stay. Sorry for teh confusion.
AlexMcpherson

Return to Gen Fan Fiction Feedback & Comments