An idea I'm using for a future-stargate-omake.

This forum is for people to post ideas, wish lists, and suggestions for stories that they'd like to see someone write.

An idea I'm using for a future-stargate-omake.

Postby AlexMcpherson on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 am

Okay, so the asgard can artificially increase a suns' gravity to collapse it into a black hole.

So what about the opposite?

We know that a time-dialation device can, help a ship be less effected by gravity (the replicator ship escaping from the black hole)...

So how about we do the reverse of the first, plus a bit of the latter?

The actual Idea of mine is 'Black Hole Mining' - utilizing those technologies to allow a ship to transport out matter from the collapsed star, matter convert it (the energy for the process provided by: hey it's a black hole! It can power a supergate for transuniversal connections, so matter conversion of several <large unit of mass> of whatever to the required amounts of metals like trinium, titanium... non-metals too.

It would be a collosal undertaking, starting with preventing more mass entering the black hole's gravity well, reducing the well so that the mass that was in the previously-large wall is less like to fall in, and then close up, (still several AU distance from the black hole) alter the gravity inside the black hole slowly... allow the repel force between atoms to slowly take over and the hole become a blob the size of your fist, then house, and so on, as the gravity forces are reduced, then holding until the black hole is the size of a sun. And since by then, gravity is significantly reduced, the time distortion effects are over, and you can start 'beaming' away mass, as needed.

I'm sorta serious here, though... if Sam had the idea about this just about before she went to atlantis, and worked on the theoretical side, when would you think it'd be possible, given what we know about the show?
AlexMcpherson

Re: An idea I'm using for a future-stargate-omake.

Postby Spyridon on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:03 am

Why don't you focus on the hypothetical White Hole. It's what scientists refer as the end to the Black Hole which is where matter goes into. Since the Law of Conservation of Energy state the Energy going in is equal to the Energy coming out, scientists believe that there is another phenomenon where mass is actually projected out of nowhere quite literally.

Of course, it's only a theory as they haven't really discovered a white hole. Look how long it took them to discover the black hole.

I've always wondered if you can find a white hole by using sound frequencies since a black hole has one of the lowest frequencies ever recorded. I think a white hole would be the opposite frequency on the other end of the spectrum.

From NASA:
"Using the piano keyboard's middle C note as a reference point for the middle of the piano key music range, Fabian's team determined the note is a B -flat. On a piano, the B-flat nearest middle C is located midway between 1/8th and 2/8th of an octave away. In musical terminology, this B flat is 1-1/2 steps from middle C.

The Perseus cluster black hole's B-flat, by contrast, is 57 octaves below middle C or one million, billion times lower than the lowest sound audible to the human ear! In terms of frequency (the time it takes a single sound wave to pass by), the lowest sounds a person can hear is 1/20th of a second. The Perseus black hole's sound waves have a frequency of 10 million years!"
Spyridon

Re: An idea I'm using for a future-stargate-omake.

Postby AlexMcpherson on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:37 am

It's already written, and it's happening in the Ida Galaxy... As the relatively-small galaxy ~(smaller than pegasus, as I'm going to write it as) doesn't have erm, certain kinds of life. And it starts to happen after humanity has indeed recovered whats' left of the Asgard...

Difference being in my story though, that the Asgard have gone into seclusion, a certain kind so that they are more likely to suceed in their 'rebirth of our race' stuff, and in a special way...

So, withdrawn from being a space-faring race for who-knows-how-long, they've left some things to us humans... 8-)

And you have to admit, it would certainly satisfy the 'stop exploiting our planet' groups if we were to be getting rid of things that destroy planets, and using those as sources of materials rather than exploiting those planets that wont be destroyed :P
AlexMcpherson

Return to Fan Fiction Ideas and Suggestions