Conversation with a Non-Human Creature

This forum is for people to post ideas, wish lists, and suggestions for stories that they'd like to see someone write.

Conversation with a Non-Human Creature

Postby MaureenT on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Maureen glared at the non-human creature before her. "No! Just leave me alone about it!"

"But it's such a great idea!"

"I don't care. Maybe after this fic is finished, we can discuss it, but discuss it is all we're going to do. You are not swaying me from my other commitments."

"But I have the whole idea in my head. If I don't talk about it, I'll explode!"

"Well, then I'd better get out of here so that you don't make a mess of my clothes when you do."

"But you've already set the groundwork for it, and. . . ."

The non-human creature stopped when Maureen stuck her fingers in her ears and began humming loudly.

"Fine! Be that way."

The non-human creature, also known as a muse, stomped away, a pout on her face.

"I even already have a name for it," she mumbled. "It could be called 'Turning Point: Destiny'."
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Re: Conversation with a Non-Human Creature

Postby Spyridon on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:38 pm

YEAH!!!!!

YES! A third story!

*goes down on knees*

Oh, Goddess Maureen!
I beg thee for the next intallment of the story (when you're done with the second one)
For I am your humble and poor reader who is deprived of such great works.

I look forward to more.

:D

PS can you tell Santa I wish for Bitter Consequences 2, Autumn of '73, the Incidents Series, and What You Didn't Know for Christmas and some more stories in the stockings handing by the decripid fireplace?
Spyridon

Postby MaureenT on Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:26 am

*Maureen frantically hums even louder, fingers still stuck firmly in her ears*

No, no, no, no, no! I can't add another fic to my plate! I can't, I can't! There's already too many on it! They're overflowing, falling off onto the table and making a mess of the tablecloth. If it was food and I tried to eat it all, my stomach would explode. *whimpers piteous* I can't be expected to write all those stories you mentioned, plus write a third Turning Point story. That's too much to expect even from a goddess, and, as I've already pointed out, I'm not really a goddess, though I'm really beginning to wish now that I was so that I could do something god-like, like, for example, temporarily putting everyone except me in a time dilation field so that I could write all these stories while everyone else is frozen in time. Then I could dissolve the field, present all my fics, and have everyone awed and amazed that I got so much written so quickly. Or maybe putting myself in a reverse time dilation field would work, make it so that time is flowing much faster for me. That would accomplish pretty much the same thing. But I don't know how to do that either. *sigh*

It is such a pain not really being a goddess.

Oh, and, by the way, what did I say before about bad knees, Spyridon? Do you want an ACL issue like Jack?
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby MaureenT on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:49 pm

Spyridon, you will probably laugh gleefully to know that my muse absolutely refused to leave me alone until I wrote the scenes that were in her head for this third Turning Point story. So I now have the entire first chapter written for the damn thing.

I'm beginning to wonder if my muse really is a Goa'uld symbiote whose wormed her way into my brain. I sure don't seem to have any control left.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby Lucifel on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:53 am

Better unplanned stories than no stories at all :D
Besides if your muse is working like the Energizer Bunny, maybe she will turn to something in need of completion, sooner or later.

And Spyridon, no need to be greedy ;) .
Haben wir Gutes empfangen von Gott und sollten das Böse nicht auch annehmen?

What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?

Book of Job 2, 10
Lucifel

Postby AlexMcpherson on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:18 am

Boss and Agent Cantwright watched this conversation with amusement.
"Will this help or hinder our plans?" the agent asked.
"Help. Oh yes, definitely help." The boss commented.
"Well then, I want a raise. I did give her the original idea afterall."
The boss glowered at him. Hard to tell what with his covering-his-face cowl.
the agent pretended not to notice, just looking expectantly at the boss for a minute, before adding, "Don't make me contact Agent Q-T and let her know she should be getting a raise as well."
AlexMcpherson

Postby MaureenT on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 am

Lucifel wrote:Better unplanned stories than no stories at all :D
Besides if your muse is working like the Energizer Bunny, maybe she will turn to something in need of completion, sooner or later.

Yes, if I had the power to choose which stories she works on like the Energizer Bunny. *sigh*

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby Lucifel on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:32 am

Wouldn't that take all the fun out of it, though? ;)

*grmbl* Why the hell am I thinking English and trying to write German?

Book of Job 2, 10
Lucifel

Postby MaureenT on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:31 am

No, actually, it would make things a whole lot easier and less frustrating. It's extremely aggravating to have WIPs sitting there, collecting dust because I can't get my muse to work on them. Autumn of '73 has been sitting untouched since January, and The Incidents Series has been sitting even longer, since December of last year. I feel absolutely terrible about that. I'm sure that, by now, most of the readers have given up on either of them ever being finished. Bitter Consequences has been waiting since December of 2003 for the sequel, and the What You Already Know series has been waiting since January of 2008.

My muse's tendency to go off and want to start new stories when there are others that need finishing is nothing but a pain in the butt. I fired my previous muse for doing the same thing. I'm beginning to think it's time for me to start checking out the classifieds of The Muse Times again and see if I can find a replacement. :P

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby AlexMcpherson on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:01 pm

MaureenT wrote:My muse's tendency to go off and want to start new stories when there are others that need finishing is nothing but a pain in the butt. I fired my previous muse for doing the same thing. I'm beginning to think it's time for me to start checking out the classifieds of The Muse Times again and see if I can find a replacement. :P

I heard the band's good.
(Pic)
*frown* 300x307 that pic. >.< 7 px too big.
AlexMcpherson

Postby Spyridon on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:02 pm

MaureenT wrote:Spyridon, you will probably laugh gleefully to know that my muse absolutely refused to leave me alone until I wrote the scenes that were in her head for this third Turning Point story. So I now have the entire first chapter written for the damn thing.

Yes I am laughing evilly. Nice symbiote. keep up the good work. :D
Spyridon

Postby AlexMcpherson on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 pm

MaureenT wrote:So I now have the entire first chapter written for the damn thing.

You've got Trilogitus.
:twisted:
AlexMcpherson

Postby MaureenT on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:23 pm

AlexMcpherson wrote:[I heard the band's good.
(Pic)
*frown* 300x307 that pic. >.< 7 px too big.

My muse looks absolutely nothing like them. First of all, she's female, second, she isn't human.

"Oh, hush. Yes, I know those guys aren't really muses, but you don't have to report them for impersonating muses. It's just the band name. Nobody thinks they're real muses. No, I doubt that they got permission from the Muse Council to use the name. It's not copyrighted, you know. Anybody can use it."

*watches muse walk off in a snit*

Wow. Touchy about that, isn't she.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby AlexMcpherson on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:30 pm

Heh, would she like an introduction? :D
AlexMcpherson

Postby Lucifel on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:31 pm

MaureenT wrote:No, actually, it would make things a whole lot easier and less frustrating. It's extremely aggravating to have WIPs sitting there, collecting dust because I can't get my muse to work on them. Autumn of '73 has been sitting untouched since January, and The Incidents Series has been sitting even longer, since December of last year. I feel absolutely terrible about that. I'm sure that, by now, most of the readers have given up on either of them ever being finished. Bitter Consequences has been waiting since December of 2003 for the sequel, and the What You Already Know series has been waiting since January of 2008.

My muse's tendency to go off and want to start new stories when there are others that need finishing is nothing but a pain in the butt. I fired my previous muse for doing the same thing. I'm beginning to think it's time for me to start checking out the classifieds of The Muse Times again and see if I can find a replacement. :P

I meant to be sarcastic about that, actually.
The written word didn't convey that very well, though.

To hopefully cheer you up, you've given us enough else to read, so we don't feel neglected.
So don't be too hard on yourself, okay?

Book of Job 2, 10
Lucifel

Next

Return to Fan Fiction Ideas and Suggestions