One-shot I'm writing.

This forum is for people to post ideas, wish lists, and suggestions for stories that they'd like to see someone write.

One-shot I'm writing.

Postby AlexMcpherson on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:09 pm

I'm writing one based in the Autumn of 73 universe. dunno how long it'll be.

here's a clue though to what about it I'm doing...

One 'L'.

edit: With permission, ofcourse, Maureen?
I'll post it here first, get your opinion on a few things :P
You know, 'find the errors' in various ways.
AlexMcpherson

Re: One-shot I'm writing.

Postby MaureenT on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:45 pm

Ummm, I have to admit that I'm very leery about this, and I need to warn you that I might not agree. I'm very protective of my fic "universes", and to allow someone else to write a story taking place within one of them is equivalent to saying that the events of the story actually happened in that universe even though it was not written by me. If you'd picked the What You Already Know series or Bless the Children, I'd have to say no right off, before I even read it. I would never allow anyone else to write stories placed within those universes.

Is there some reason why you chose to place it in the Autumn of '73 universe rather than just saying that, in the story, Daniel and Sam knew each other as kids, making it your own universe instead? In that way, you'd be free to write other one-shots and do anything you please, including going in directions that I will not be going in my story and could not allow you to go in any story you wrote based within the Autumn of '73 universe.

Please don't post the story here. I'd prefer that you send it to me instead.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby AlexMcpherson on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:28 pm

this is right at the beginning:
Notes: Based on the ‘Autumn of ‘73’ story by Maureen Thayer. You’ll find her in my favourite Authors.
This story idea just came to me when reading that story for the second time. This is a ‘what if’ scenario with the what if being, what if the events of the first, pre-sg1, movie happened but twisted only slightly to take into account the general plot ideas from that story (if not the story itself)... or something...
Summary: Dr Jackson is approached by a Dr Cathrine Langford on a rainy day in new york with a job offer as a civilian consultant with the United States Air Force… Little does he know just what that would all entail.

and I can say right off, one change affected by the 'when' and the 'previously' kinda thing means that, no, there aint no Daniel/Sha'uri bit so her name does stay as Sha'uri...

I'm leaving it open enough for future one-shots anyway should you put something and this one end up contradicting...it's just the general idea of something.
I think it'll end up a two-shot anyway, with the second being... you know... 'now it's Two L's'
AlexMcpherson

Postby MaureenT on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Since my reply is going to contain spoilers for future Autumn of '73 developments, I'm going to PM you instead of replying here so that others won't read the spoilers.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Return to Fan Fiction Ideas and Suggestions