Mistakes of the Past - fic idea (Maureen don't read until you're done with turning point) ;)

This forum is for people to post ideas, wish lists, and suggestions for stories that they'd like to see someone write.

Mistakes of the Past - fic idea (Maureen don't read until you're done with turning point) ;)

Postby AlexMcpherson on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:05 am

Note from Admin: I have moved this topic to a new forum set up for such discussions. For right now, I am leaving a "shadow" of the topic in place in its old location, but it will eventually be removed.

Yeah, I had an idea for a story. It'd be a long one to write,... at first.
Had it after reading Bitter Consequences...
This bit stuck in my mind
[quote="Chapter 3]"Yet your words and actions do not pay tribute to Daniel Jackson's many valuable skills and qualities. When I was First Prime of Apophis, I would never have disrespected a man under my command as you have disrespected Daniel Jackson, even one who had committed a grievous error. I often praised the Jaffa under my command if they performed with exceptional ability, yet I have rarely heard you give Daniel Jackson words of praise when you were in his presence." He straightened to his full height, his gaze piercing through the colonel. "Your conduct has been without honor."[/quote]

Sometime season 7, or even 8, something happens (no idea what here) that causes things to go really bad.
but one of the key things that allowed this mysterious event or events to happen, was Jack...
Or rather, Jacks' typical ignore-danny thing.

Jack knows this, and really regrets how he treated Daniel.
So he decides, what the heck, he needs to fix things but has no idea how, and pulls an Aschen-Note.
Goes to his own past. Somehow replaces his younger-self, since he knows how stubborn his younger-self was, he doubts a warning would suffice. Whether he does the replacing or not, well.. Anyway, judicious use of makeup and hair-dye, and no-ones the wiser.
So Jack settles in for the long-haul, and whenever Daniel says something and he remembers not believing daniel... well, he does. okay, the advantage of future-knowledge, but Daniel, or Sam, or Teal'c, need to know that. Not only that, but he heaps praise when he knew he should have done.
He tries to track close-enough to stop his future-knowledge being rendered useless, except Kelowna...
And even then, he failed in changing it enough that he- instead of daniel- was the one.
And despite his strong statements, he still had to go to antartica.
and get's a tok'ra symbiote.
Who then decides to stick to the 'plan' anyway to get rid of ba'als outpost.
Danny shows up, and goes "yeah-wait. What? Jack? oh... JACK!? Time travel?! Are you NUTS!"

Meh, this is the sort of stuff I come up with when reading anyway. it's a gift... and a curse.
AlexMcpherson

Re: Mistakes of the Past - fic idea (Maureen don't read until you're done with turning point) ;)

Postby Spyridon on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:18 am

I'm confused a bit. Especially at the end.
Spyridon

Re: Mistakes of the Past - fic idea (Maureen don't read until you're done with turning point) ;)

Postby AlexMcpherson on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:04 am

the note telling them not to go to what they learned was the aschen homeworld?

episodes 2010 + 2001?
Only instead of a note, Jack sends himself back.
because as 'bitter consequences' pointed out, daniels been through tonnes of sh*t in his life. like Karma gave him tonnes of talent, then realised 'oh sh*t, too much.. ah well, I'll just send him tonnes of crap too'.
AlexMcpherson

Postby MaureenT on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:17 am

Sorry. When I got the email for this, I didn't pay much attention to the title, so I didn't see your warning to me not to read it until after Turning Point was completed. But don't worry that I'll put Turning Point on the back burner in order to write this fic. Though it's a very intriguing idea, I think this is one story I'll let someone else write. I already have an idea for a story in which everyone, mostly Jack, learn a bitter lesson about taking Daniel for granted and not giving him the praise and credit due him. I don't think there will be any time traveling involved, but you never know. ;)
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Return to Fan Fiction Ideas and Suggestions