Spyridon's Fic Recs UPDATED 05/05/12

Have you read a Gen or Daniel/Sam fanfic by another author that you'd like to recommend? Are you trying to find out the name of a story you once read? Post a message here. Note: This forum is NOT for authors to post notices about their own stories.

Re: A couple of Gen fics I recommend- Updated 3/31

Postby Spyridon on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Here's another set of recs I have. I'm pulling this from my deep reservoirs of favs.

ADDED TO FIRST POST

It's a Sam/Daniel pairing obviously. Find it on ff.net. Hmm, it's been a while so I don't think there's going to be a fourth story. But all three stories have been completed. My personal fav is the first. \o/
Last edited by Spyridon on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spyridon

Re: Spyridon's Fic Recs UPDATED 11/10/10

Postby srcrib on Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:16 am

Hi,
I'm might check out the last one since you reference that it's a Sam/Daniel storing. The others will have to wait until I'm not too busy.

Thank you for the links.

Cheers,
srcrib

Postby Spyridon on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Actually the three stories are connected. The first one in the series is SG13 Suicide Squad (pairings are established here), followed by The Stargate Murders and the last one is The Guardian Angel. There are crossovers due to the nature of the stories. I do have to say this. All of them are extremely long. It should take a few days to get through them all unless you want to spend a whole day sitting in front of the computer reading them all in one go. :think: Luckily, I was a high school student when I was reading this. ^
Spyridon

Postby Stormwing on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:10 am

:O those are some of my favourite fics, lol yeah the first one rocks :D some of the most well written work out there.
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Postby Spyridon on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:44 pm

Yeah, I read them in high school and are one of my favs for SG too. Waited for the third sequel but I guess the author moved on to better things as he's still writing just not stargate anymore by the looks of it.
Spyridon

Postby Spyridon on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:27 pm

No recs at this time. Just a shout out as Tiv'ester has begun posting her/his stuff at ff.net here. \o/ Just pm'ed the author to see how the 4th part of the conspiracy is coming along.
Spyridon

Postby Stormwing on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Sa'akhu is an awesome read one I've recently reread along with Lady Grey's Night and Day- hehe the whole Daniel as ninja came about when Micheal Shanks made a passing comment about it at one of the conventions he also made one about Daniel really being a cross-dresser that spawned a massive amount of ninja and drag queen fics over the years :D
Do I exist if you can not see me?
Stormwing

Postby Spyridon on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:51 pm

I think the Day and Night series and Sa'akhu are the only ones that are worth reading. Too bad there aren't any more sequels. I really loved it when Lady Grey whumped the arse out of Daniel. Poor guy's thigh was smashed to bits.

You know, if there's a story I really want to read is where Daniel somehow gets back his parents, kind of like in 'Any Day in November'. But those fics are kind of rare.
Spyridon

Re: Spyridon's Fic Recs UPDATED 05/05/12

Postby Spyridon on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Cleaned up the thread by placing all recs on the first post.

For the bigger list of recs I have, you can check them out here at my Livejournal.
Spyridon

Re: Spyridon's Fic Recs UPDATED 05/05/12

Postby Spyridon on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 am

Added ELG's story 'Reflections' to the list. I've been trying to find this for about a couple of days when it randomly popped into my brain. I've always wondered what would have happened if Jack and Daniel caught a glimpse into an alternate reality where Jack became a bastard. ELG took that plot line and certainly ran along with it to the extreme. I also love how he/she/it/? also brought in Kawalsky, Ferretti and the rest.

I just wish that Sam and Teal'c had been there along with the canon SG-1 team showing what the other Jack was missing out on. Maybe a scene where the canon SG-1 team actually saves the others with Sam's know-how and Daniel's outside-the-box thinking.

Still trying to find all the stories that I liked.
Spyridon

Previous

Return to Fanfics by Other Authors