How many times did they kiss?

Some see them as good friends while others see something more. Whether you're the former or the latter, here's where to come for discussions about Daniel and Sam and their relationship.

Re: How many times did they kiss?

Postby Daryst on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:22 am

MaureenT wrote:Yes, that scene of naked Sam in bed is from Chimera. As for the kiss in 2010, you'd have to slow it down for it to have much of an impact in your video. Of course, nothing can be done about the fact that they were standing a good foot apart at the time. There was nothing romantic at all about that kiss, I'm afraid. There's also the fact that anyone who is familiar with the episode would know that our Daniel and Sam have no knowledge of it and never will since the timeline was changed, making it so that the kiss will never happen.

We fans can make it happen no matter what. And i have ways to make that kiss longer. "time/duration set to 50%" and we can enjoy it twice as long ;)

MaureenT wrote:
Daryst wrote:Maureen, you are a goddess among goddesses

Gee, thanks, Daryst. It's really nice to know that I haven't been demoted by everyone here. ;) :D

Here is a list of the episodes that were used in the video, at least the ones I recognized. They are listed in the order of the clips. I've put "unknown" for the ones that I couldn't name.

Children of the Gods
unknown
Emancipation
Forever in a Day
unknown
Forever in a Day
Chimera
The Devil You Know
unknown
unknown
Chimera and Forever in a Day
unknown
Tin Man
Maternal Instinct
Forever in a Day
Forever in a Day
Past and Present
Hathor
Unknown
New Order
Several clips from the same scene in Fallen
Sacrifices
unknown
Behind the scenes clip
Arthur’s Mantle
Beachhead

Thanks for the list. it really helps to have people around that know the episodes by hart. and then to exploit them. ^__^
Daryst

Postby AlexMcpherson on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:18 pm

There aint' no kiss in that video... if there is, then it's being skipped as a hit 'forward one second'...

Unless that was you just posting the behind-the-scenes clip?

And as a .wmv format file, the time-skip Sucks ASS.
AlexMcpherson

Postby MaureenT on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:31 pm

I didn't say there was a kiss in it. Daryst wanted to see the behind the scenes clip I mentioned, and this is the video that has it.

This was the girl's first music video, so give her a break.
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

-- From the Stargate SG-1 episode "Watergate."
MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby AlexMcpherson on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:43 pm

there are DivX watermarks so I can't help but wonder, why it wasn't saved as a avi file.

Meh I just really dislike Microsoft and Apple's video formats.
when i got a .mov (apple), upon opening it usually has an embedded code to trigger my web browsers to go to 'adultfriendfinder'. *sigh* bloody thing.
and as I said, the windows media video format's time-skip sucks @$$.every wmv file i have does this weird thing when i hit 'advance _ seconds' (one, five or twenty second jumps depending on key-combo.)
It speeds the video up to jump that amount of time, plus however many seconds it takes to advance that far. so 4 seconds for a twenty-second jump, and it actually skips twenty-four seconds. Grr.
I know, I timed it.

whereas all other formats (except .movs, never tried with those since i just get frustrated with them opening AFF all the time) I hit the advance several seconds keys and bam, exactly one, five or twenty seconds. Works while in pause, not for .wmv.
Which is annoying when i want to screenshot. Took loads of screenies from battlestar galactica like that.

and a kiss in 2010, I don't remember that, linky to it?
AlexMcpherson

Postby Spyridon on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:54 pm

Well, I liked the vid. Kind of liked the part with Sam and Daniel in bed (k so they weren't really in bed) but still pretty good.
Spyridon

Postby MaureenT on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:21 pm

AlexMcpherson wrote:and a kiss in 2010, I don't remember that, linky to it?

I'm not sure what you wanted me to link to. It's an episode. However, since I know that some here don't have all the DVDs, I did a quick grab of the scene and uploaded it. Don't complain about the quality, Alex. I wasn't looking to win any awards. If you want better quality, go watch the DVD.

By the way, Sam kisses Teal'c on the lips, too, and Daniel kisses Janet on the cheek.

http://www.stargate-horizons.com/videos/2010_Kiss.avi
Dr. Markov: If you're implying that everything Russian-made is poor quality, actually the sub is Swiss.
Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time? Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby Spyridon on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:34 pm

Yeah, I'm bad. I have never seen 2010 in full.

EDIT ONE: Yeah, was it audio? I'm just checking. I heard rumors of a virus that's going to be launched on April Fool's day. Supposedly, it'll cause all computers infected to be under the control of the programmer. A third retake of the original virus from a few years back.
Spyridon

Postby AlexMcpherson on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:03 pm

the kiss...
I've got good timing.
AlexMcpherson

Postby MaureenT on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:43 pm

In regards to the outtake from Resurrection that's in that music video I posted a link to, the author of the video replied to my email today. According to her, the clip came from "Beyond the Gate: Amanda Tapping" from the Season 7 DVDs. I couldn't remember seeing it from my DVDs, so I just watched the special again. Though there is a lot of stuff on Resurrection since it was the episode Amanda directed, and there are clips from that particular scene in the episode, the outtake was not there on my DVD. This means that, if it was from there, then it's a scene that was edited out for the Region 1 DVDs. As many of us already know, the Region 1 Stargate DVDs, the ones that we here in the States get, are missing a lot of behind the scenes things that are on the discs for other regions. Alex, you're in England, so you must get the Region 2 DVDs. Could you check to see if that outtake is on yours?

The author of the music video says that she included the entire clip in her music video. She didn't cut anything out. So, although I'm sure that what was originally filmed was much longer, the whole thing is probably not available anywhere. Drat.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby Daryst on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:22 pm

I got every season on DVD and its Region 2 (I'm from The Netherlands) and will check it tonight.
Daryst

Postby AlexMcpherson on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:07 am

When she talks about when her directing episode was, just as she says, "then I was gonna direct the one after the summer hiatus-"
Just as it gets to hiatus, watch her left hand.

The shot where Michael touches her face with a finger, in that vid you posted, is at 8:42.that the clip you asked about?
;)
AlexMcpherson

Postby MaureenT on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:48 am

AlexMcpherson wrote:The shot where Michael touches her face with a finger, in that vid you posted, is at 8:42.that the clip you asked about?
;)

Since the clip does not exist on the Region 1 DVDs, I can't answer that by watching the special and seeing the time, but if Michael is touching her face with his fingertip, then, yes, that's the one we're talking about. I have to wonder why they edited it out of the Region 1 DVDs. Were they afraid that they'd offend the Jack/Sam shippers in the U.S. if they kept it in but weren't worried about the ones overseas?

I already knew that the Region 1 DVDs were missing behind the scenes stuff that were on the other region DVDs, but I didn't realized that even the behind the scenes stuff that is on the Region 1 DVDs is missing things. That really ticks me off. Years ago, I downloaded all the behind the scenes stuff from the Region 2 DVDs from the first 6 seasons. I never bothered to watch the ones that were also on the Region 1 DVDs because I thought they were the same. Now, I'm going to have to watch them and see how they differ from what's on my DVDs.

I'd love to get all the behind the scenes stuff from S7 thru S10, but I've been unable to find anything online. All I can hope is that, someday, some kind soul will make it available. The big box set that came out with the entire series had all the behind the scenes specials, including the ones that were not included in the original Region 1 DVDs, but I didn't have the money to buy it just to get that stuff.

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby Daryst on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:11 am

If I ever have the time I will try to rip it from my dvd's. I bought that box set with all 10 season.
It is strange that the pilot is not present in that box... really weird, But at the moment I am still working on my video so that takes a bit off my time..

Thanks for all the help by the way, to everyone here
Daryst

Postby MaureenT on Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:10 pm

Daryst wrote:If I ever have the time I will try to rip it from my dvd's. I bought that box set with all 10 season.
It is strange that the pilot is not present in that box... really weird, But at the moment I am still working on my video so that takes a bit off my time..

Thanks for all the help by the way, to everyone here

That's very kind of you. :)
It doesn't have Children of the Gods?! That isn't just weird, it's ridiculous! It was the first episode of the series, for crying out loud (channeling Jack there :D).

MaureenT
Site Admin

Postby Spyridon on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:19 pm

Didn't they make an extended version of Children of the Gods that was as long as a movie or something. Maybe that's why. They're trying to force you to buy it.
Spyridon

PreviousNext

Return to Totally Daniel & Sam